SPIKE! 3 Questions

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

SPIKE! 3 Questions

Post by Glamdryn »

Love the SPIKES. Have a few questions on the most current.

1) Are Plague Doctors and Cavorting Nurglings 0-1?

2) Why are Plague Doctors allowed as inducements for the Chaos Renegades? In what situation would you take it over the Wandering Apothecaries?

3) Is it mentioned in the mag that Nurgle teams can't hire apothecaries? I can't seem to locate it. I know it is in the BBA, but I feel like this is an oversight unless I am missing something.

Thanks!

Reason: ''
ssb

Re: SPIKE! 3 Questions

Post by ssb »

Very interested in the anwsers to that too... !

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

You can use plague doctors to reroll your troll's regenerate. In addition, there is nothing in the text that prevent the plague doctor to be used on star players like Crazy Igor and Gobbler Grimlich.

I do not think the rule say anything about not being able to take wandering apothecaries while you have a plague doctor so it is an extra save for any player with regeneration.

I guess you really have to love your troll.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Glamdryn wrote:Is it mentioned in the mag that Nurgle teams can't higher apothecaries? I can't seem to locate it. I know it is in the BBA, but I feel like this is an oversight unless I am missing something.
P.38 of Death Zone 2 says "Nurgle teams cannot hire Apothecaries... for obvious reasons".

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

Jip wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:Is it mentioned in the mag that Nurgle teams can't higher apothecaries? I can't seem to locate it. I know it is in the BBA, but I feel like this is an oversight unless I am missing something.
P.38 of Death Zone 2 says "Nurgle teams cannot hire Apothecaries... for obvious reasons".

It is also in BBA. From my understanding, the Spike! mags are meant to cover each team comprehensively. Missing this detail is pretty important and I was wondering if I overlooked it in the Spike 3. So looking for a page number in Spike.

Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

kyrre wrote:You can use plague doctors to reroll your troll's regenerate. In addition, there is nothing in the text that prevent the plague doctor to be used on star players like Crazy Igor and Gobbler Grimlich.

I do not think the rule say anything about not being able to take wandering apothecaries while you have a plague doctor so it is an extra save for any player with regeneration.

I guess you really have to love your troll.

RAW, I think Apoes cannot be used on Star Players, but that seems to not apply to the Plague Doctor? This might be a reason to take it.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

If you have questions, submit them to the Blood Bowl Facebook page. I'm not actually even able to give answers elsewhere. Submit them there and I can give answers through an official source.
Thank you.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

JT-Y wrote:If you have questions, submit them to the Blood Bowl Facebook page. I'm not actually even able to give answers elsewhere. Submit them there and I can give answers through an official source.
Thank you.

Done

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

JT-Y wrote:If you have questions, submit them to the Blood Bowl Facebook page. I'm not actually even able to give answers elsewhere. Submit them there and I can give answers through an official source.
Thank you.
And for tthose who don't have fb?

I suppose we'll have to ask via proxy

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
ssb

Post by ssb »

Glamdryn wrote:
Thank you.
Done
Could you give the link to your post on facebook ?

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

zebulon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zebulon »

Hello.
I have a question about the Pestigor star "Bulla Shardhorn."
Can he also play for Chaos Renegade teams as indicated in the Spike P24, or only for Nurgle teams (p5)?

Ligue BN
pixmen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pixmen »

zebulon wrote:Hello.
Can he also play for Chaos Renegade teams as indicated in the Spike P24, or only for Nurgle teams (p5)?
Thank you.
:D

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

pixmen wrote:
zebulon wrote:Hello.
Thank you.
:D
One assumes he, like me, doesnt have stalkerbook, so may be asking for someone to ask on his behalf?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
zebulon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zebulon »

Je sais bien mon Pix :D
Mais je ne suis pas sur FaceBook :roll:

Ligue BN