Miss Next Game player count Vs total number of positional ?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kage
Rookie
Rookie

Miss Next Game player count Vs total number of positional ?

Post by kage »

My undead team must play a quarter of final without 2 skilled ghoul (miss next game).
Is allowed buy two new rookie ghoul without fire the skilled ones ?

Miss next games player count vs. total number of positional ?

Thanks for reply

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Miss Next Game player count Vs total number of positiona

Post by lunchmoney »

The players are still on the roster and count towards the 0-4 limit.
Of course your commissioner may well be open to changing the rules for your league. Don't know until you ask :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
kage
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kage »

Regarding Mercenaries:
"The normal limits on the total number of players allowed on a team and in each position apply to Mercenaries, but players that are missing the game due to injury do not count towards the number of players on the team, so they are not counted when working out how many Mercenaries you can have."

The same is not applicable to new player ? :wink:

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

kage wrote:Regarding Mercenaries:
"The normal limits on the total number of players allowed on a team and in each position apply to Mercenaries, but players that are missing the game due to injury do not count towards the number of players on the team, so they are not counted when working out how many Mercenaries you can have."

Exactly, the same does NOT apply for new player. If it did, there would be no point in mercs. After all mercs are more expensive. so why bother if you can just purchase a new one?

so if you already have 4 ghouls, then you cannot purchase a new one even if all of them were to be MNG. But you could merc up to the limit.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

+1 to what Afroman said

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
kage
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kage »

Afroman wrote:
kage wrote:Regarding Mercenaries:

Exactly, the same does NOT apply for new player. If it did, there would be no point in mercs. After all mercs are more expensive. so why bother if you can just purchase a new one?

so if you already have 4 ghouls, then you cannot purchase a new one even if all of them were to be MNG. But you could merc up to the limit.
Catch your point but I disagree about there would no point in mercs. For an underdog team mercs are an obvious choice (there will be no point to buy a rookie with your treasure and fire him at the end of match) :wink: moroever with a big Delta TV you can buy it with a Skill ...

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

Do you have 4 ghouls on the roster already? Ghouls are 0-4 for undead.

Also, keep in mind that the rulebook says that you are not allowed to induce mercenaries and start players during a playoff. Your league are obviously free to ignore the rule.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

kage wrote: Catch your point but I disagree about there would no point in mercs. For an underdog team mercs are an obvious choice (there will be no point to buy a rookie with your treasure and fire him at the end of match) :wink: moroever with a big Delta TV you can buy it with a Skill ...
hmm, I see your point there, you save up your own treasury by using merc. But I wouldn't call it an obvious choice and you take a merc instead of other(arguably) better inducements. You don't see peolpe take mercs very often. I think that is for a reason.

As for hiring a merc with skill I agree there is a point, a very expensive point. But not really your question right?

Anyway, the rules are as such. But as mentioned before, it is up to your league to decide whether or not to use it.

/Afroman