Interception

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Interception

Post by Bakunin »

What does the interception rules in the pic mean?

Do you count square's or is it meant in mm/cm etc?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Interception

Post by Bakunin »

XC
TX

T throws to C

Can any of the Xs try to intercept?

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

This is the one place where you're expected to actually measure the distance (or use your Pythagorean Theorem). It's just a precise way of determining that the interceptor is "in between" the passer and the target.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Bakunin wrote:XC
TX

T throws to C

Yes. Serves T right for not just handing off. :D

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

As I read this very complictaed way of putting it, it simply means that the guys intercepting always needs to be BETWEEN the thrower and the receiver or target square.
You cannot intercept from behind or beside the thrower or receiver.

At least, this is how we always played it.
Wasn't there also a rule that the range ruler also had to pass at least partially over the interceptors base?
I really can't remember right now...

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I think was originally interceptors square but I think the word base crept in which caused some semantic confusion but was clarified as still being square.

Basic statement is correct i.e. when passing... does range ruler catch proposed interceptors square then check is that square closer to throwers square than catchers and is that square closer to the catchers than the throwers = make interception attempt.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Here from tom anders:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36657&p=645919&hil ... wg#p645919

which means, just some of the interpection square, needs to be between the center of the throwers square and the center of the catchers square. "the center thing is here very importen.
You do not count sqaure's...

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Bakunin wrote:which means, just some of the interpection square, needs to be between the center of the throwers square and the center of the catchers square.
I think what you are trying to say is correct but that sentence is wrong, i.e. you don't count squares is right, 'the interception square does not need to be between the center of the throwers square and the center of the catchers square' is wrong. Just some of the interception square need to be under the edge of the interception template and the distance between the center of the throwers squares and the center of the interceptors squares needs to be less than the distance from the center of the throwers square to the center of the catchers square AND the distance between the interceptors square and the catchers square needs to be less than the distance from the center of the throwers square to the center of the catchers square.

Its not tidy because its words trying to explain a concept :D

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Regash

Post by Regash »

Bakunin wrote:XC
TX

T throws to C
According to the old thread you linked, this could only be intercepted if the throw was diagonally, not straight to West, East, South or North.
Interesting...

@Loki:
Yeah, of course!
"Base" was wrong, "square§ was the term to use.
My bad, I'm ashamed.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

CyberedElf released the Interception App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tion&hl=en

I've been using it, I like it because it just completely removes subjectivity and discussion about is-that-square-under-the-ruler.
If your player is standing on a marked square, they can intercept. Otherwise, can't.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"