Kick Team Mate Questions

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Kick Team Mate Questions

Post by garion »

Q1 - Can you use a re-roll to kick team mate when working out how far you have kicked the runt?

quote from the rulebook on using Team RRs-

Code: Select all

a coach may use a team re-roll to re-roll any dice roll (other than Scatter, [u]Distance[/u], Direction, Armour, Injury, or Casualty rolls) made by a player on their own team and who is still on the pitch during their own turn (even if the dice roll was successful).
So the above says Distance cannot be re-rolled. Which would suggest you cannot re-roll the dice to determine how far they are kicked. That is until you read the Kick team mate skill, which does not refer to the roll as being for distance as such.

quote from the Ogres Spike magazine on KTM-

Code: Select all

The coach declares whether they will roll a D6 for short Kick, or 2D6 for a riskier long kick. If the rolled 2D6 and scored a double... make an injury roll for the target player treating Stunned as KO'd...

Otherwise the kicked player is [u]moved[/u] (in a straight line) directly away from the kicking player's square a number of squares equal to the total that was rolled on the dice.
So this refers to the roll as either a Short Kick or Long Kick (in the same way as a Pass is handled), there is also the chance of rolling doubles which causes injury, which makes me think there should be a chance of re-rolling the result. However the end result of this roll is to determine the number of squares moved which means you could interpret this as a distance roll.

I believe looking at the rules this could be interpreted either way. It would be great if we could have a comment on this from JT-Y or any other rules writter here to inform us of the intent. So we have a definitive answer. Thank you.

Q2 - Can you use Kick Team Mate with Swoop?

The Swoop Skill description specifically mentions that the player is thrown using Throw Team-mate a couple of times, which makes me believe you cannot use KTM to interact with a player that has Swoop. However Swoop was written prior to KTM's creation, so again it would be nice to know for sure if you can or cannot use KTM with swoop.

Reason: ''
garion

Re: Kick Team Mate Questions

Post by garion »

still need an answer to this question. The first question above especially.

the 2nd seems to be fairly obvious,.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I’ll take a Wild guess that JT-Y wants the question mailed rather than posted here.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
garion

Post by garion »

Did that a day after posting and no reply

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Well, I've not sent one to the BB rules email, but sent a few to the Underworlds and you don't (normally) get a personal reply, if they feel the answer the question then they stick it in the FAQ.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

to add to this

since it changes the Right Stuff rules for landing does a thrown player (by TTM) who was thrown 6 squares suffer a -1 to land

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Glamdryn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Glamdryn »

I am also curious about how all this works together. Anyone propose an edit to the skills mentioned to bring them inline?