one skill per action

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Raven_Talons
Experienced
Experienced

one skill per action

Post by Raven_Talons »

I thik I may be a littel slow, but I don't think I I grasp wat can and can't be done. Like If I use dodge to dodge out I can't use block. Or if I sprint and go the extra three I can't use sure feet. Help me out

Reason: ''
I've been to the end of the unvirse and it's in Austin Texas. On one side of the street there is a starbucks and on the other side of the street there is ANOTHER STARBUCKS---Lewis Black
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The One Skill Per Action (OSPA) was from the (hush) 4th edition, and no longer is in effect.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I think you may be a little confused. The OSPA rule went out with the so called '4th edition' rules which were published in BBmag 1&2. These rules are no longer used, just the LRB which allows you to use more than one skill per action, but some skills can't be used more than once itself (though other skills can be used during the action aa well). I hope that didn't make it more confusing.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Sushé Wakka
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Sushé Wakka »

You're getting confused with the dead and buried infamous 4th Ed. In the actual vesrion (the Living Rulebook 2), it states that you may use each skill once per action. So, during your blitz you could use your dodge skill to get out of a tacklezone and then the Block skill when you throw the block, but you couldn't use the dodge skill twice to repeat two different failed dodge rolls during the same movement. You could use sprint to move three extra squares and use Sure Feet to reroll one (and only one) of the failed rolls, if there were any.
Also, let me add that using a skill with a player does NOT prevent another player to use the same skill during its own action (I'm adding this just in case the former answer could be confusing).
Hpe this helps... And try to make a search, as I believe that this question was already asked and answered.

Edit addendum: Hey! How did you managed to answer before me?

Sushé, the elfhater
Raven_Talons
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Raven_Talons »

ok thank you very much.

I've been to the end of the unvirse and it's in Austin Texas. On one side of the street there is a starbucks and on the other side of the street there is ANOTHER STARBUCKS---Lewis Black
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

ok thank you very much.
No thank you for reminding me how much better off we are now. :D

ImageImage