Oi Galak! (or anyone else!)

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Concerning the secret weapons:

IMO I'm against flooding the game with SW (or better when any team has one of them on the pitch) but as I think that they will it eventually make into the official rules, I mad eup my mind:

1. Access to Lineman/equivalent position only
2. Access table needs tweaking, Chainsaw is just too common
3. Either reduce the price (which is bad) or drop the 4+ confiscation roll (or make it 6+) else it make no sense to buy them, you can freeboot them for less money.

Reason: ''
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Which positons would you drop to include SO's Cervidal?

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I think chainsaws are OK, and see no problem as they exist in Mag 5. I think anyone but a lineman would be a waste. The only thing I would say is that all teams should have access to them.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
[img]http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=4dd13d90-202c-2355-3cbb-46081754461c&size=[/img]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Oi Galak! (or anyone else!)

Post by GalakStarscraper »

DeputyDawg wrote:Can you give me your opinion on 2 things.
1. What do you think of the Savage Orcs in Comp.1. Do you think they fit well in the Orc roster or unbalance it?
2. What do you think of the Secret Weapon experimental rules in BB Mag 5? Again, do you think any player access unbalances teams and that only star players should have them?
Cheers DD.
I think Savage Orcs should be their own team and in the MBBL2 they are.

I think the BB Mag #5 rules need some modifications. I've talked to Chet and JKL and I'll be posting revisions for the MBBL to test in Season 3 soon.

Galak

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Cheers Galak, you've just confirmed to me what I had secretly dreaded, my Orc team is way off limits and needs revising. Humphh!!

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

If you were desperate to add Savage Orcs to the Orc roster, I would suggest removing Blitzers or Black Orcs from the roster. Blitzers seem to make more sense but removing Black Orcs would be more balancing.

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Any chance of a Savage Orc team becoming "officially experimental" in the future? They've split up the Undead so I figured they could be too...

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Agentrock wrote:Any chance of a Savage Orc team becoming "officially experimental" in the future? They've split up the Undead so I figured they could be too...
While I am a big fan of both the Savage Orc and even more so the Half-Orc rosters .... I doubt that they will ever be seriously considered for officialdom.

Galak

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

If I was to do that I would remove 2 Orc blitzers, but I don't think the SO's are worth it for that. Removing 2 BO's would seriously weaken the line.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Only removing half of one position's players defeats my point.

Orcs currently have Passers, BOBs, Blitzers, Linemen, Goblins, and a Big Guy. That's five positions along with super muscle. Can you point me to any other roster that has more than four different positions? Elves all have three. Humans, Skaven, and Norse have four and a Big Guy. If I tried adding a position to any of those teams, I would not be taken seriously. Why would you add a position to the most diverse line up in the game?

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Because SO's are Orcs. I would lose the Goblins for a start, they have their own team. I would also weaken the Orcs choice of BG's by stopping them allowed an Ogre and give them a choice of Troll or Minotaur instead of Troll or Ogre. I also can't see why they have the option of a thrower. Virtually no other running team has this option.

NUFFLE SUCKS! NUFF SAID!
Heretic
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

narkotic wrote:Concerning the secret weapons:

IMO I'm against flooding the game with SW (or better when any team has one of them on the pitch) but as I think that they will it eventually make into the official rules, I mad eup my mind:

1. Access to Lineman/equivalent position only
2. Access table needs tweaking, Chainsaw is just too common
3. Either reduce the price (which is bad) or drop the 4+ confiscation roll (or make it 6+) else it make no sense to buy them, you can freeboot them for less money.
There's no need for 1 if 3 is not implemented! I think it makes a lot of sense that also the positional players vcan use them. The high price and the fact that you'll get those positional players thrown out of the game if they're caught keeps the rules balanced.

BTW. Galak: what are the changes you're advocating to the SW rules?

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Mestari wrote:BTW. Galak: what are the changes you're advocating to the SW rules?
Based on discussion with JKL and Chet, here is what the MBBL is testing for the BBRC in Season 3:

Code: Select all

Special Weapons (Name, Price, Penalty, Special, Races)

1) Ball and Chain, 10k, 8+, MA=4 & ignore all skills and traits
.......... Goblin, Norse
2) Blunderbuss, 20k, 10+, None
.......... Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf
3) Bomb, 20k, 8+, None
..........  Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf, Goblin
4) Chainsaw, 30k, 8+, None
..........  Amazon, Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf, Goblin, Human, Necromantic, Norse, Nurgles Rotters, Orc
5) Deathroller, 40k, 7+, Ignore current skills and traits, stats become 4/7/1/10, Mighty Blow, Multiple Block, Stand Firm
..........  Dwarf
6) Pogo Stick, 10k, 10+, None
..........  Goblin
7) Poisoned Dagger, 30k, 10+, None
..........  Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Lizardman, Skaven

Other rules:
1)  Only lineman may have secret weapons.  Lineman are defined as the 0-12 or 0-16 position on any roster.   Chaos Dwarves are the only exception to this rule as both the Hobgoblin and Chaos Dwarf positions can use secret weapons.
2)  There is no limit to how many secret weapons a team can purchase.  However, you may only field one secret weapon per a drive.  Goblin teams may field up to four weapons per a drive.
3)  If a Secret Weapon player is sent off from the Weapon Penalty roll, the opposing coach roll another D6.  On a 4+, the weapon is confiscated and removed from the player.
4)  Players with secret weapons become VERY attached to them and as such will never take the field without them.
5)  If a player with a secret weapon is removed from the roster for any reason, the Secret Weapon goes with him.  Secret Weapons cannot be traded between players.
6)  Casualties caused by secret weapons do not count for Star Player Points.
7)  On mixed race teams (Lustrian, Old World, Chaos Pact), the 0-12 position should be considered the race for purposes of purchasing weapons.  (ie the Lustrian team can purchase Amazon weapons).
8)  Goblin teams and weapons just seem to go hand and hand, the the evil blighters always seem to find more no matter how many are confiscated.   At the beginning of every game, the Goblin team rolls a D6 to see if they procured (ie stolen) a free secret weapon for this game only (the team they "borrowed" it from finds them and takes it back at the end of the game).  Use the following table:
1-No free weapon, 2-Ball & Chain, 3-Pogo Stick, 4-Bomb, 5-Chainsaw, 6-Coach's Choice
The Goblin coach is not required to give a player the free weapon found, but if he does it is treated just like he had purchased the weapon.
There you go guys, this is what the MBBL is testing. It basically the rules that JKL wrote, but I think you'll see several important differences. Overall, I like the new rules and look forward to using them.

Also and this is kinda important. Season 3 of the MBBL, Ogres have been removed as Big Guys for the Halfling, Goblin, and Dwarf teams.

Galak

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Question to whomever made up those rules. How many Necromantic coaches are going to bother giving a chainsaw to a zombie? I really dont see the point of even adding the option.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

sean newboy wrote:Question to whomever made up those rules. How many Necromantic coaches are going to bother giving a chainsaw to a zombie? I really dont see the point of even adding the option.
Friday the 13th type imagery. And Sean ... if I had a Zombie with Pro, I might try it.

Galak