skill for wardancer

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bio
Rookie
Rookie

skill for wardancer

Post by bio »

Any suggestion for the third skill of my wardancers?

-8 3 4 7 Strip Ball,Tackle
-8 3 5 7 Strip ball

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Shadow for one, Pass block for the other.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Side Step for the first.
Side Step or Tackle for the second (depending on your forthcoming match-ups). Personally, I go Tackle, Strip Ball, Side Step, Shadowing in that particular order. You might prefer Strip ball over Tackle though. :smoking:

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

i think i like sean's suggestions...shadow and passblock...as long as you take tackle on the passblockers next skill. :)

Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

wesleytj wrote:i think i like sean's suggestions...shadow and passblock...as long as you take tackle on the passblockers next skill. :)
Interesting. I will try Passblock as 5th skill then. :smoking:

los_locos
Veteran
Veteran

Post by los_locos »

for the one with Ag 5, get him passblock and after that catch supreme intercepter!!!!!!!!!1

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

los_locos wrote:for the one with Ag 5, get him passblock and after that catch supreme intercepter!!!!!!!!!1

(/brag mode)

to be honest he doesn't need catch. if he's on the field, people simply won't pass anywhere near him as is, which is ok too. It means you can use him to redirect plays and such, because most coaches won't even risk interceptions by this guy.

Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

you could make a better gutter runner than that catcher :p

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: skill for wardancer

Post by DoubleSkulls »

bio wrote:Any suggestion for the third skill of my wardancers?

-8 3 4 7 Strip Ball,Tackle
-8 3 5 7 Strip ball
1st one, Side step or shadowing. Take the other one next, followed by Diving Tackle.

2nd one - Sure Hands. 1st WD leaps in, knocks the ball loose, 2nd leaps in picks up the ball and passes / hands off to team mate who scores.

Other than that I don't think PB is that useful on a single player. Good coaches just wont give you an opportunity to use it. So I'd take tackle as well.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

ianwilliams wrote:
Other than that I don't think PB is that useful on a single player. Good coaches just wont give you an opportunity to use it. So I'd take tackle as well.
I don t see pass block as a skill that will allow my player to do more interception, but as a skill that avoid pass in that direction.

Anyway, i reserve it to my catcher

Stop stalling, i ll stop one-turning !
Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

neverdodge wrote:
ianwilliams wrote:
I don t see pass block as a skill that will allow my player to do more interception, but as a skill that avoid pass in that direction.

Anyway, i reserve it to my catcher
And I see - at least at that level of competion - exclusively passes made by Throwers who've got Safe Throw. Pass Block is just a wasted skill choice under normal circumstances with regard to interceptions. My Woodie fumbbl team has two NoS-PB-Catcher (with Block and Side Step too). They never intercept anything because of Safe Throw.

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

With Pass Block you can still move into the Tacklezone of either the thrower or the catcher; forcing a -1 plus (when in the tacklezone of the catcher) a dodge!

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Mirascael
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mirascael »

Redfang wrote:With Pass Block you can still move into the Tacklezone of either the thrower or the catcher; forcing a -1 plus (when in the tacklezone of the catcher) a dodge!R
That's why I've said with regard to interceptions. 8)

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Mighty Blow is also a wasted skill with regard to interceptions.

That's kind of a useless statement...

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

Yeah, punch it guys!!!

[leans back, grabbing for a pack of pop corn, expecting the fight to start]

:smoking:

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.