Bonehead from stunned?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

Bonehead from stunned?

Post by Diesel »

In a PBeM game that I am playing at the moment I have had an Ogre stunned (he was not suffering from BoneHead at the time). During my next turn I made him prone and sent the file back to my opponent. After he took his turn he said that I should have rolled BoneHead to see if he was able to be placed prone.

Is this the case?

I noticed another thread recently about BoneHead if it counts from one drive to another and the fact that there seemed to be a bit of a loop-hole in the rules. Is this another one or do you need to make the roll?

From the fluff it says that the Big Guy forgets what he is doing until he manages to roll a 2 or more, but surely he would not forget that he is not supposed to be chewing turf (unless he is a Mino!) and would attempt to get up!?!

Your thoughts please....

Reason: ''
Never step onto the pitch!
Absolutely Goddamn not!
- Unless you are prepared to go all the way....
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemers Association
Commisoner of www.TRUBBL.co.uk
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Bonehead from stunned?

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Diesel wrote:In a PBeM game that I am playing at the moment I have had an Ogre stunned (he was not suffering from BoneHead at the time). During my next turn I made him prone and sent the file back to my opponent. After he took his turn he said that I should have rolled BoneHead to see if he was able to be placed prone.

Is this the case?
Yes it is the case, and unless you had forgot to press your turn marker the game rolled for it automatically if you are playing with version 2.3b.

IE ... you should not have been able to forget.

Galak

Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Diesel »

Thanks for clearing that up Tom. I have just checked the log - it was the first action that I did after my opponent pressed my turn marker but it did not show the result of any roll like it usually does when you click on the player.
Is this an oversight? Are you sure that the tool makes the roll in that instance?

Absolutely Goddamn not!
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Diesel wrote:Thanks for clearing that up Tom. I have just checked the log - it was the first action that I did after my opponent pressed my turn marker but it did not show the result of any roll like it usually does when you click on the player.
Is this an oversight? Are you sure that the tool makes the roll in that instance?
Has to do with order of operations. You right clicked on the player to go straight to making him Prone. If you had left clicked on the player and then right clicked, everything works correctly all the time.

I may have to change go Prone and Standing code to check to see if the player was left clicked first to avoid this user error.

Tom

Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Diesel »

Another quick question then - about "Really Stupid".

If BoneHead has to be rolled when stunned to make the player prone then in theory there is a good chance that a stunned "Really Stupid" player could basically stay stunned for a good portion of the game if he is ever knocked over, having to roll a 4 or better just to become prone.

I do not think that the Characteristic was meant to be interpreted in that way for either skill...

Absolutely Goddamn not!
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

I think they were; they are negative traits after all, therefore they should cause trouble

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Diesel wrote:I do not think that the Characteristic was meant to be interpreted in that way for either skill...
Trust me Neil ... yes they were. The nega-traits are supposed to be negative and this one has been answered by several BBRC members.

I've seen a troll unable to stand for 6 turns once because the coach was unable to get someone to assist him and that game was BBRC reviewed. I have zero doubt how this works.

Also I just fixed the 2.4 version so if you right click to stand or go prone before left clicking that it forces a left click first before doing what you told it to do with the right click.

Galak

Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Diesel »

I shall defer to your greater knowledge on the subject then.

(sorry to give you more things to do with 2.4 :oops: )
Any idea when it will be ready?
Round 3 of TRUBBL starts 28th April and it would be good to know if you anticipate it being done before then as I will need to inform the coaches.

Absolutely Goddamn not!
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Diesel wrote:I shall defer to your greater knowledge on the subject then.

(sorry to give you more things to do with 2.4 :oops: )
Any idea when it will be ready?
Round 3 of TRUBBL starts 28th April and it would be good to know if you anticipate it being done before then as I will need to inform the coaches.
Don't plan on April 28th to be honest.

I have 10 things left to program:
1) Full player editing (6 hours)
2) Passing/Ints based on player squares not bases (3 hours)
3) Bomb throwing (10 hours)
4) Pro/Team rerolls for targeted actions (3 hours)
5) LOS 3/Wide zone 2 checks (2 hours)
6) Multiple Block (7 hours)
7) Ability to team reroll Pro failures (3 hours)
8) Automatic SI postgame rolls for Evil Gits players (1 hour)
9) Whatever aging method the MBBL2 votes on (2 hour)
10) BB Mag 7 Runesmith for the Dwarf team (3 hours)

So about 40 hours of programming time left to get 2.4 ready. Family, work, and Easter weekend coming ..... I don't think I'll get it ready by then Neil (ie within 2 weeks). If this changes I'll let you know, but you should probably carry on one more round with 2.3b

Galak

Democritus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Democritus »

an ogre with pro, can he re-roll a '1' on bonehead?

After all it makes sense he has understand the game more and can be more professional.

It is too good perhaps, but still...

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Democritus wrote:an ogre with pro, can he re-roll a '1' on bonehead?
Yes. He could use a Leader or Trophy RR too.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams