refs and fouls

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

beyond667
Rookie
Rookie

refs and fouls

Post by beyond667 »

again a stupid questin from a newbie. I haven´t played the game up to now, but I realize that my question deals with a situation that should occur so regularly in a game that answering it will be no problem for you.
the book says:

"to see if the ref spots a foul bla bla bla.. on a roll of 1-5 the player gets away with it.
a +2 modifier is added to the dice roll if a team commits any more fouls in the same half."

now does the modifier only aply if the first foul was spotted, or is it sufficient that the foul was committed and not spotted?

the first answer, of course, would make perfect sense, as the ref wouldn´t see the need of keeping a close eye on a team if he hadn´t seen any foul at all.
but the way it´s described, the second possibility seems also covered..

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

As soon as the first foul is done, whether spotted or not.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
beyond667
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beyond667 »

thanx..

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

you have to understand this rule not as a mirror of a real sports situation but as a game machanic that makes successive fouling more risky.

StylophonePet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by StylophonePet »

Does one still get the ref via the "kick-off" table?
-damn I need to read up on the rules-

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

If a team "Gets the Ref" we still note that the eye is on the team who has fouled, even if it is the team that has the ref because it effects what the other team will get caught on. It doesn't mean that the eye is on the other team all the time.

Have fun!
StylophonePet
Experienced
Experienced

Post by StylophonePet »

You can get the ref via the kick off table and it says that the team who has the ref won't have penalties awarded against them for the rest of the half, now I was wondering does that rule still count?

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Yes. It still counts. You can still get the ref. The team that has the ref won't have their player ejected this half. The ref will still switch his eye from team to team if anyone fouls.

Have fun!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Snots, you are a sad, sad, little man.

Nuffle doesn't rock, he sucks. Soon you will get his attention and he will "bless" your dice, they way he does, and you will be rolling skulls and 1s (if you aren't already).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Snots, if Nuffle doesn't get ya, the NBA will.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I fear not Nuffle or any anti-Nuffle assoc. He has shown me favor this day and I must give credit where it is due.

Have fun!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Torg wrote:Snots, you are a sad, sad, little man.

Nuffle doesn't rock, he sucks. Soon you will get his attention and he will "bless" your dice, they way he does, and you will be rolling skulls and 1s (if you aren't already).
Don't you realize that your little crusade is futile. Look at the button you push when you post. That's not simply to enter your thoughts. You submit to Nuffle every time you post. As your count rises, so does your standing with him. Puny mortal. You only think you're drawing people away. You're actually turning people to Him.

MWAAHAHAHAAA

Have fun!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

snotsngrots wrote:MWAAHAHAHAAA
C'mon, if you're going to laugh hysterically do it properly.

[Ahem]

BWAH HAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Here endth the lesson.

P.S.NUFFLE SUCKS!!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Tsk tsk tsk. <snots shakes his head sadly>

Submit

Have fun!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

snotsngrots wrote:Don't you realize that your little crusade is futile. Look at the button you push when you post. That's not simply to enter your thoughts. You submit to Nuffle every time you post. As your count rises, so does your standing with him. Puny mortal. You only think you're drawing people away. You're actually turning people to Him.

MWAAHAHAHAAA
I really hate to say this Snots, but you have gone off the deep end. You can go ahead and submit to Nuffle, worship his rocks, or whatever you do. Just remember, Nuffle will screw everyone in the end (keep that in mind when you're "submitting" to him).

GO STAMPEDERS!