refs and fouls

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

snotsngrots wrote:You only think you're drawing people away. You're actually turning people to Him.

MWAAHAHAHAAA
That's similar to what I tried to explain earlier, but they don't listen...

Nuffle Does Not Exist!!!

R

Reason: ''
Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Hmmm... Snotsngrots the choosen one? High Priest of Nuffle?

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Go ahead and call Snots the Chosen One or self declared High Priest of Nuffle. Nuffle has an established religion, so declaring someone as a high priest or, worse, as a chosen one, is blaspemey. Skummy you are a Nuffle blasphemer whether you join the organisation or not (same goes for Snots if he follows your lead).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Sacred Commisioner then, instead of a High Priest. Besides, Nuffle is sure to send a prophet to reward the faithful and mete out justice to the unbelievers...

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

Redfang wrote:
snotsngrots wrote:You only think you're drawing people away. You're actually turning people to Him.

MWAAHAHAHAAA

Nuffle Does Not Exist!!!

R
That's more like it, why be a heretic when you can be an unbeliever, i'll join the Nuffle Athiests Association instead. :lol:

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Skummy wrote:Sacred Commisioner then, instead of a High Priest. Besides, Nuffle is sure to send a prophet to reward the faithful and mete out justice to the unbelievers...
Sacred Commisioner....prophet?!? You're much worse of a blasphemer than I am. Making up your own version of a religion is much worse blaspemey than rejecting the religion. Remember the Spanish Inquisition (nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!)

GO STAMPEDERS!
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Certainly not! "Sacred Commissioner" is a title that the revered Roze-El took when he restarted the great and glorious game! It is a position established within the church!

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Exactly! And declaring someone else to be the person in these positions is blasphemous, as we all know, Snots isn't the Sacred Commisioner or any kind of prophet. You are the biggest blasphemer I know, Skummy (at least you are living up to your name).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Munkey wrote:
Redfang wrote:

MWAAHAHAHAAA

Nuffle Does Not Exist!!!

R
That's more like it, why be a heretic when you can be an unbeliever, i'll join the Nuffle Athiests Association instead. :lol:
But that would make it the NAA, I think it would be better if it was the NCAA (just need to think what the C stands for)

GO STAMPEDERS!
wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

narkotic wrote:you have to understand this rule not as a mirror of a real sports situation but as a game machanic that makes successive fouling more risky.
well in some ways it is actually...the ref always catches the 2nd offense... I've heard it lots and lots of times on tv when watching nfl. somebody will throw a punch or kick a guy or whatever, and that gets the refs attention (but he really didn't SEE it well enough to throw a penalty, he just saw it out of the corner of his eye or whatever) then the next thing that happens he's all over.

so in that way it is kinda like a real sports situation. :)

Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

btw i gotta tell ya that off-topic stuff is REALLY dumb...sorry