1 Coach, 2 Teams, same league ?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

HotsalZa
Experienced
Experienced

1 Coach, 2 Teams, same league ?

Post by HotsalZa »

We recently started to play BB and the problem is that i have a Ork and a Skaven team, our league is pretty small so i want both teams to join it but the problem is that we dont know how to handle games where they have to play each other.

any ideas ?? :-?

Reason: ''
Amon242
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Amon242 »

I've been in a league with 3 coaches, and we each have 4-5 teams. We don't use a schedule; we just play games using our various teams against each other whenever we have the time. We usually set a game limit then run a tourney (i.e. get your team up to 10 games, then we play Spike!) I think this works very well for new coaches because it allows you to get games in anytime without the restriction of a schedule, and allows you to try a variety of teams. I think the most important thing when starting out is just to play and not worry about a set schedule.

MatB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MatB »

Aye; in an open format league, you can run two or more teams (I tend to have three, the main one, the smaller one to take on new players, and the silly one, currently Ogres).

You're only allowed to enter one into a tournament though.

If you want a scripted league with pre arranged games, good luck scheduling it and getting it to work, I find they never do.

BTW, whereabouts in Germany are you?

Mat Bowles
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

You choose which one to play, your opponent plays the other. Works okay so long as people are reasonable.

Ah that super catcher, I'll leave him next to the guy with Piling On and Razor Sharp Fangs

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

In my experience, playing two teams in an open league works very well.

In fact, it can be a good idea for the keenest coaches to have two teams, because otherwise their one team will play too many matches (relative to the other teams in the league).

Only one of the two teams would be eligible for any play-offs or knockout competition, I guess.

I don't have any experience of playing two teams in a closed league. I guess you could allow your opponent to play one side, but I'm nervous about that (for example, are you really going to foul the best player in your own team???). I suggest it would be better to devise a format where the sides belonging to the same coach don't have to play each other.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless