Throw Team mate

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garoned
Rookie
Rookie

Throw Team mate

Post by garoned »

hi all first post here so be gentle :)
I have a query about the Throw team mate can you actually throw a team
against an opponent??
IE ;my only chance to stop a TD is to throw a Gobbo against the ball carrier can i do that? and if i can what is the damage to the opponent player ?If something happens can i use RR and if i miss is it a turnover?
Plus can i throw the ball or the thrown player in the crowd hoping for a lucky rebound ?
In the leaugue where i play you can do that , but is it legal or not?

thanks in advance

Reason: ''
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Unfortunately none of the scenarios are legal. I want to see doom divers too but, by the rules, you can only target an empty square. I had never thought of throwing them out of bounds. Since it says "empty square" I'd say no.

Have fun!
garoned
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garoned »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My goblins will be crushed

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Snots has it right ... none of that is legal ... sorry.

Galak

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Throw Team mate

Post by Agentrock »

garoned wrote:I have a query about the Throw team mate can you actually throw a team against an opponent??
No, but I believe you can target an empty square near the player you want to stop and hope to have the little bugger scatter into the player.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

You could always throw a gobbo by aiming at a nearby square and hope he will hit one of the opposing players.
Since there are no turnovers for throwing gobbos without the ball its worth a shot.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
garoned
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garoned »

thanks for the answers :D
But it should be allowed to throw the ball in the crowd and a player against another player :x

Gobstopper
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gobstopper »

It is possible to throw your teammate to an empty square near your opponent. If you land successfully you can take a blitz action against your opponent as long as your thrown player had not moved or acted prior to being thrown. I don't know how effective your goblin will be in a blitz action, but it is worth trying in order to prevent your opponent from scoring a TD.

Welcome to another grand evening of Blood and Mayhem sports fans.