Go ahead and kill me now...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bengo
Experienced
Experienced

Go ahead and kill me now...

Post by Bengo »

Ok I feel like a real ass even asking but it seems like it might come up at some time. In the exprimental teams I noticed this:

Code: Select all

Necromantic (Experimental as of BB Mag #3)

# Position Cost MA ST AG AV Skills Traits Skills Available 
0-12 Zombie 30,000 4 3 2 8 None Regenerate General 
0-4 Ghoul 70,000 7 3 3 7 Dodge None General, Agility 
0-4 Wight 90,000 6 3 3 8 Block Regenerate General 
0-2 Flesh Golem 120,000 4 4 2 9 Break Tackle Stand Firm, Thick Skull General, Strength 
0-1 Werewolf 110,000 8 3 3 7 Catch Frenzy, Razor Sharp Claws General, Agility 

Rerolls Apothecary Big Guys Allies Stars 
70,000 No None None Count Luthor Von Drakenborg, Thrud 

Special Rules:
The Necromantic can add a free Zombie player to its roster, if it kills a HUMAN SIZED opponent (ie the player is not have either the Big Guy or Stunty racial characteristic) who fails to be apothecaried or regenerated. The team must have a free slot on its roster to do so and cannot exceed 16 players by adding this free Zombie.
Then in the Oger team this:

Code: Select all

Ogre (Experimental as of BB Mag #6)

# Position Cost MA ST AG AV Skills Traits Skills Available 
0-8 Ogre 120,000 5 5 2 9 Mighty Blow Thick Skull, Throw TeamMate, Bonehead General, Strength 
0-8 Goblin 40,000 6 2 3 7 Dodge Right Stuff, Stunty Agility 
Now they made Ogers on the Oger team Not Big guys so that they can use team rerolls. Does that also mean that if a Necro team kills one of these Non-Big guy Ogers that they will get a free Zombie? What do you all think??

Reason: ''
Dragoonkin
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dragoonkin »

It's a Zombie. :P Who gets all that thrilled about it? I feel less upsetness about getting Zombies from Big Guys than from Stunties. Let them have Big Guy Zombies for all they're gonna kill. It's the Stunty ones that're way too easy to get.

Anything I say is totally opinion and (knowing my luck) probably completely wrong. Keep this in mind.
Bengo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bengo »

You cannot get Stunty Zombies as per the rule.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

You cannot get a Zombie from an Ogre.

The fact that the Ogre team doesn't have Big Guy doesn't mean they are human sized.

Galak

Bengo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bengo »

That's why I said kill me now:) The point is, Ogers on a Oger team can use rerolls because it is not listed as a Big Guy. The Undead rule states player not have the Big Guy or Stunty racial characteristic. So being that not having the characteristic lets them use rerolls it should also make them into Zombies. Not like it will be any different from any other zombie, or that Ogers get killed all that often it just seems the letter of the rule is leaning that way.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

By golly, by the letter of the rules as written he's right.

Fine bit of lawyering there, sir, take a bow! :lol: :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Morg is not a 'Big Guy' either; do you think he's HUMAN SIZED?

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Bengo
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Bengo »

Take a bow.... I want to bash my head into a wall for even being able to Rule Lawyer like that. :lol: I can see it now:

Hi I am Bengo and I am a Rule Lawyer. Its been one week since I last frustrated my opponent with a a unclear wording......

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Bengo wrote:Hi I am Bengo and I am a Rule Lawyer. Its been one week since I last frustrated my opponent with a a unclear wording......
Just remember that there is a fine line between being a rules lawyer and asking a valid question. If the wording is unclear then it is always good to bring it up...your opponent might find it unclear as well.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Taffsadar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Taffsadar »

Good question, I suggest that you make an extra large zombie to reflect that he's so large...

Blood Bowl game - $60
Cost of a Human Team - $40
The look on your opponents face as his one-turn scorer gets taken down by a thrown rock from the fans – Priceless.
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I always said that Ogres obviously needed to be big guys. This is the kind of silly thing that happens otherwise.