2 Rules Questions

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

It sounded like they were proposing to unstun all players at the end of the turn. That could have included players that were stunned that turn and would have negated the effect of the stun in the first place.

Looking at it now, I see that the only players that you have that are stunned at the end of the turn would have started that turn stunned unless it was the player that caused the turnover that got stunned and, I'm assuming, he wouldn't automatically unstun.

That said, I still like the coaches having to remember to unstun their players during the turn or risk loosing that player again the next turn.

Reason: ''
Have fun!
Moosifer
Rookie
Rookie

Hmmm

Post by Moosifer »

In much the same way that you COULD call every illegal procedure call on an opponent, you don't (Actually, maybe you do, my league is on the friendlier side of analy retentive =P).

In the same way, barring WA (which you accept as a risk for having a WA in your team) a good or thorough player will unstun everyone as the first part of an action. hell, thats how I teach the game, first thing in every turn, move your turn counter, unstun players. Let them know when they forget, AFTER the fact (and let them unstun/move turn counter).

By their third or fourth game, they are doing it automatically (which is why I thought IP was introduced).

But then again, I prefer making the game more about skill than remembering every niggling little detail.

Oh, and Boneheads/RS players roll at the END of the turn. So it's not quite as good for them at times.

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I'm coming around. I'm going fishing. I'll think about a bit more.

Have fun!
Toby

Post by Toby »

First of all to clear confusion it works like this:

Turnover. Your Team Turn. 4 Players Stunned. Leave Them. U Block. Attacker Down, Attacker Stunned. Turnover.

Now, unstun all players exept the ones who SUFFERED "Stunned" during this turn. As far as I know that can only be a Goblin that had been thrown or the player that caused the Turnover.

Advantages are:
More "Overview", you know who is allowed to stand up and who not during your Team Turn without moving the playing pieces all the time.
Less "Bad Blood" when someone simply missed a player to unstunn. Imho it is against tha spirit of the game and fairplay to not allow unstunning, because the Injury makes the Player miss ONE turn, not 2 not 3.
Deathwing wrote:Skip the unstun phase if the turnover was caused by a WA.
Can you explain why a Wild Animal prevents unstunning ?

Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

WA goes first. BEFORE unstuning. This explains that. But I defenatly think that Unstuning should be at the beginning of the Turn, since unstuning players is something like moveing the Turnmarker at the beginning of your Turn. Something that is not "realistic" but a feature that I like. If you have a superb Idea that messes with my game plan then you better not forget to move your turnmarker and unstunn your players first...

Thats why I would not change anything about unstuning

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I get yout point.

the "concentration" aspect.

btw I did that "Player Turn Tracker" of yours yesterday.
works really great!
We plan on expanding it to list opposing players skills & traits, notify the weather and injuries, things like that.

Thanks for the tip !

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

unstunning is the players action though so they have to go after wild animal, it is a negative trait after all

i will let someoen unstun a player they forgot to during their turn but i won't let them do it if they got a turn over from a wild animal, thats their own choice for putting him on the pitch

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

The point is that you there's nothing tactical to be gained from unstunning players during the turn. It's as automatic as moving your turn counter, and in fact the very next thing you do after doing so.

The IP rule exists simply to discipline coaches into moving their turn counter so that the game is kept on an accurate turn basis. There is no good reason that I can see why unstunning players should follow a similar line. I just don't agree with the 'remembering to unstun your players is an important discipline of the game' argument. Certainly not worth fiddling around turning mini different directions or risking the 'ah..2 prone lineman in adjacent squares...which one unstunned ?' confusion. I've also seen players in tournament play try to use players that unstunned that turn. Fair enough, there's genuine mistakes made, but it does leave a loophole for people to try and take advantage of the unwary as well.

Is all that worth the trade off ? Particularly when a lot of coaches do as Grumble above and are quite happy to remind inexperienced coaches to unstun players after a turnover.

It's just unnecessary crap to remember or work around IMO. And for what purpose?
Can't we just play the sodding game? Leave it to tactics and Nuffle!

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

You know guys, there are people who like to play games and there are people who like to win games. Actually we all like to win but some of us like to win fairly and not by knowing more or having a sharper mind (I don't qualify for that bit :smoking: ). Lets have a system that makes the game playable (Queensbury rules and all that!) and not one that some dicks can exploit because they're the ones who are most likely to be eating my fist (well you won't be sitting with me and the boys at the bar at least) So stick your "tactical advantage" up your pipe hole and think about all the beer and laughs you can have if you drop the beardy shit!

Be nice to each other. :P

or else! :evil:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]