2 Rules Questions

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

2 Rules Questions

Post by Toby »

1. Bone Head
Can I somehow Reroll the "Bone Head Roll" ?

A. Yes, but you cannot use a Team Reroll because of "Big Guy", use Leader or Trophy Rerolls.
B. No you can not use any Reroll at all. Its similar to an Armour or Injury Roll.
C. Sure, use a Team Reroll its not yet the Big Guys Action itself.

2. Stunned Players
When are Stunned Players allowed to turn "Face Up"?

A. Just as the LRB says, its their action for the turn.
B. After the Moving Team declares or suffers their Turnover.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

1: A, and also add Pro to the list.

2: You've answered you own question, as the LRB says, A.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Ok thanks for the swift response. Bone Head is clear now.

What if a coach FORGETS to turn around a player that is stunned. May the player STAND UP in his next turn or is he still stunned ?

Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

They stay Stunned of course, so you can only turn them to prone.

This has to be your first move, from now on, every Turn you play, after moving the Turnmarker! No exeptions.

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Well, i USED to think like that, until yesterday.

We found that it creates some confusion.
When you first turn all Stunned Players "Face Up", you might mix up what players are allowed to "Stand Up".

So, we decided to play this way:

Right after the "Moving Team" declares, or sufferes their "Turnover", all of the players that were stunned during their turn automatically turn "Face Up".

I think its way better this way. It prevents confusion ("was this guy even allowed to take a Blitz move?") and arguments "Come on you fool I only forgot to turn him around".

Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

I use a list to track down players actions and if they where moved and so on because a friend of mine uses my partialconfusion to move a player 2 or 3 times a row (or even wanted to convince me that i already moved that player once....)
It works like this:
It has 16 lines for both teams (=32) and each has 3x8(squares).
The horizontal-lines are for a player, the vertical-lines that create the squares are for the turn.

If a player was moved you just cross him off for that turn. And you only have to highlight players that are in the reserve, ko, injured box with a highlighter to make it easyer.

Its just some extra work but it worked out good for me.

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Or you can just make the modelsheads face your endzone when you unstun a player, which is what we do, rather than changing the rules :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And you don't have to Un-stun a player first in your turn, they can take their action at any time during your turn.

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

We do as Darkson does, we face our models a certain way after they act. Easy, and effective.

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Dark Lord wrote:We do as Darkson does, we face our models a certain way after they act. Easy, and effective.
So do most coaches in our league as well.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I actually agree with Toby here.
In our League games we simply have an 'unstun' phase after a turnover, where the team that has just suffered the turnover unstuns it's players.

The only exceptions you need to remember:

i) Ignore a player if they were stunned that turn. Easy enough because he/she will usually be the player that caused the turnover (apart from ball-less thrown stunties).
ii) Skip the unstun phase if the turnover was caused by a WA.

Of course turning stunned players to a different direction works fine, but is a pain in the ass for Big Guys/ Bull Centaurs etc. (It's bad enough laying these guys down in a crowd as it is without having to stipulate direction, and how often do you see BGs stunned by dint of a foul with a lot of assists?)

So instead of:
1. Move Turn Counter.
2. Turn stunned players over and change their direction.
3. Play turn.

we:
1. Move turn counter.
2. Play turn.
3. Turn stunned players over.

This works exactly as it should per LRB with the only difference being that you can't forget to unstun players. (Personally I believe this is an advantages, but I can see others may disagree.)
Advantages are that it speeds things along (if you change direction to indicate when a player unstuns by dispensing with the need to), or eliminates any confusion if you don't change direction (and I'm sure we've all been there!).

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

If you unstun them at the end of your turn, what's to prevent an unscrupulous coach from standing them up the next turn and using them? A stun prevents that player from being used for an extra turn you know?

No, remember to unstun them before you get a turnover or you loose another turn with that guy. Don't go changing fundamentals.

Have fun!
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

snotsngrots wrote:No, remember to unstun them before you get a turnover or you loose another turn with that guy. Don't go changing fundamentals.
I agree...a coach needs to unstun the players (if they remember to) as they decide who does what for that turn. If they get excited and forget a player or two that are stunned but lose the turn due to a turnover, then those players should still be stunned.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Moosifer
Rookie
Rookie

Um

Post by Moosifer »

I'm confused snot. You play a turn, and at the end of that turn, all your players who started it stunned (as said, it should only be the last player who acted, bar balless thrown stunties).

Your opponant takes their turn.

Where do you get to unstun, and then move? :)

I amy of course be getting confused by what you're saying... :)

We introduced the auto unstun after some coaches got the 4 minute rule repealed. And would take ages pondering a move. I told one that if he wrote notes planning a BB move (he had a pad and calculator) whilst the opposing coach was waiting for him, I would consider it an instant forfeit. Then we'd have the problems with unscrupulous players. Combined with how long some turns could take, it made it hard to remember when things had happened.

LOL nowadays with Paul (the cheif culprit of doing it to win) if he starts wasting time, I'll pull out the Go set, and set it up. If he wants to play a long thinking game, we can. Or we can play BB :)

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

god i just remember, seems a lot easier ;]