Old Skooler returns with slighty less daft question.

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Snagar_Dogbreath
Rookie
Rookie

Old Skooler returns with slighty less daft question.

Post by Snagar_Dogbreath »

Actually midgame between Da Big Green Machine (Orcs) Vs Bordelo Ravens (Dark Elfs) and I have a rule query.

My Orc Blitzer blitz a Dark Elf causing the Dark Elf to drop the ball, it scattered onto another Darkie who failed to catch it and then scattered again to my orc lineman....who also failed to catch it.

Does this count as a t/o since it wasn't a pass action or anything and I didn't particularly even want the ball......(it seems exceptionally dodgy if it is)

Could anyone answering also if its not too much trouble give reference to where an incident such as this is mentioned in the rules.

Cheers Folks..

Reason: ''
Man with no legs - not jump to conclusions.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

No it is not a turnover. Dropping a ball only counts as a to if your team initiated the attempt at ball handling.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

No, a failed catch roll is NEVER a turnover in itself (direct quotage of Galak)

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
Snagar_Dogbreath
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Snagar_Dogbreath »

Asmodan wrote:No, a failed catch roll is NEVER a turnover in itself (direct quotage of Galak)
Can you elaborate on that a bit please matey?

Man with no legs - not jump to conclusions.
Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

I think it has something to do with if your in "posesion" of the ball at the beginging of the turn, or not. Atleast thats the way it was explained to me, but I cant seem to find that in the LRB. Anyone?

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

snagar_dogbreath wrote:

Asmodan wrote:
No, a failed catch roll is NEVER a turnover in itself (direct quotage of Galak)

Can you elaborate on that a bit please matey?
What is meant with this is that even when you make a pass you do not suffer a turnover if you fail to catch the ball but because one of your players did not end up with the ball.
And failing to catch a bouncing ball or a ball thrown in from the crowd is not a turnover either as YOU made no action with the ball, it is just bouncing around.

Did this make it any clearer?

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

Anyways, its not a turnover if hes got the ball and "drops" it at you, and you fail to catch it.

It is a turnover though if you fail to pick up the ball from the ground though, even if it scatters to someone in your team. (if it where lying on the ground i mean).

It is however NOT a turnover if you fail to catch an accurate pass, and it scatters and ends up in your posession anyway.

A fumled pass IS a turnover though, even if it ens up in your own posession.

As of a failed pass that ends up in your posession im not sure, but in our league thats not a turnover.

Pitch Dark
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pitch Dark »

thats a good rule of thumb, that if you didnt choose to do the dice-role, if it was forced on you, it isnt a turnover.(or at least initiated it, as in the turnover for a missed catch that scatters to one of your teammembers, that in his turn fails to catch it. :) )

Somehow i find that my explanations doesent make things any easier. :)

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

pitch dark wrote:
As of a failed pass that ends up in your posession im not sure, but in our league thats not a turnover.
Thats right, an inaccurate pass that is caught by one of your players is NOT a turnover.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic