Strong Arm & Dump-Off

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Morticus
Rookie
Rookie

Strong Arm & Dump-Off

Post by Morticus »

When you throw a pass, say a Long Pass, then Strong Arm decrease the length so it is considered Short Pass.

Dump-Off allows you to make a Quick Pass just before you get blocked. If that same player would have Strong Arm would that mean he is allowed to throw the length of a Short Pass on the Dump-Off, since that Short Pass is considered to be a Quick Pass with the Strong Arm trait?

Also if that is true, does that mean that you can make Long Passes in Blizzard weather with Strong Arm?

I was thinking on what was best, Accurate or Strong Arm, and why Strong Arm is a trait and Accurate is not. At first glance it seems Accurate is always better than Strong Arm, and if the above 2 scenarios is not valid, then I dont see why it is Strong Arm that is the trait.

Reason: ''
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

You don't see why Strong Arm is a trait. Neither do we but it is.

You can't throw long passes in blizzards due to decreased visibility. Strong arm doesn't affect that.

Dump off gives you the ability to make a quick pass. I know that strong arm allows you to reduce the ramge by one band but the general consensus is that it doesn't make half the range ruler a quick pass, a quick pass is still only the 1st quarter of it, but that it reduces the penalties for making the longer passes by one. That said, I don't think it allows you to make Dump offs through short pass range.

Have fun!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Do a search, theres lots of posts/discussions about this, but IIRC a dump-off can only ever go to quick pass range regardless of strongarm. Think of it as a time to throw thing, rather than power.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

Well I think 1 of both had to become a Trait to take away those ag3 players that throw long bombs at 4+ after 16 SPP. Its still posible but it happens not that often.
And I dont knowwhy Strong Arm is the Trait, maybe because it fits to the fluff like: "A trait is something diffrent than a skill = a strong arm is not a skill".

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

There is a BBRC ruling (i.e. Chet) that Dump Off and Strong Arm do no combine - the reason is that you can't acquire a receiver in the the Short Pass range as Dump Off only allows Quick Passes.

I'd suggest you get your league to make a house rule.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams