Multiple Pass Blockers

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

darthnoir
Star Player
Star Player

Multiple Pass Blockers

Post by darthnoir »

From "The Chucking Fans Edition" of the OBERWALD
& Only one player with Pass Block may move under the range ruler but not
& in the Tackle Zone of either the catcher or thrower. Any number may be
& moved into the Tackle Zone of the catcher or thrower. [JJ]
Is this ruling still valid under LRB 2.0? I can't seem to find a ruling one way or the other. Granted, I missed the rather obvious ruling on how to use the scatter template with the Goblin Fanatic :oops:

Reason: ''
StillGas
Experienced
Experienced

Post by StillGas »

I'm not 100% on this as I don't have the book to hand, but I thought under the description of pass block it states that only one player may use this per pass no matter how many have pass block. Please correct me if I'm not accurate :oops:

Nuffle Sucks!

Novice Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

According to the LRB all eligable Pass Blockers can move. So no restriction. I would say this is a common house rule - ECBBL uses it.

LRB pp36
Pass Block (General Skill)
A player with this skill is allowed to move three squares when the opposing coach announces that one of his players is going to pass the ball. This move is made out of sequence, after the range has been measured, but before any interception attempts have been made. However, the move may only be made if it allows the player to move into a position to attempt an interception, or to put the thrower or catcher in his tackle zone. The opposing coach is not allowed to change his mind about passing the ball after the player with this skill has made his move. The special move is free, and in no way affects the player’s ability to move in the following turn. Apart from this, however, the move is made using all of the normal rules, and the player does have to dodge in order to leave opposing players’ tackle zones.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams