Multiply Block

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Morticus
Rookie
Rookie

Multiply Block

Post by Morticus »

How is assists calculated on a multiply block? Is the 2 players being blocked considered as 1 player, and thus they "share" eachothers tacklezones. So a team-mate to the multiply blocker, that stands in both the blocked persons tacklezones, but in no others, does he give an assist to the multiply blocker?

And follow up moves, the multiplay blocker can decide which one he wants to follow up?

And to throw in Frenzy in the stew to, is the Frenzy skilled canceled here. Or can a player with Multiply Block and Frenzy never use the Multiply Block skill?

When you make a multiply block, the dices rolled, can you choose different dices, of the 2 rolled for instance, for the 2 people blocked?
If not and you get that push block thing that only result as a regular push-back if the blocked person got Dodge (what is it called?). 1 of the 2 blocked people got Dodge the other dont, the one that is Push-backed, can/must the Frenzy player follow up and block him again?

Dauntless and Multiply Block, does it work? And to throw in Horns ontop of that too, can you Blitz block 2 people and get the same ST as them combined and then get 1 more with the Horns?

Many questions here, but Multiply Block presents quite alot of 'complex' situations. I am sure it exists more that I havent listed above. I hope it all made sense. Thank you for reading it atleast.

Reason: ''
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Block x Block = Both Down?

Seriously, in answer to your questions,

The two people being blocked count as one person for the purposes of the Multiple block skill. Assists would be provided by other teammates as normal. If one of the two players being blocked has guard, too bad. He's being blocked and he can't provide an assist. The active blocker decides all blocks and follow ups, and can choose to follow up either player, or none. Frenzy cannot be used with Multiple Block. There is some question about whether a frenzier is forced to follow up a MB, and this is on the Hot List for the next rules review. As with a regular block, you only pick one of the dice you rolled to effect both people. If the block has a different effect on the people blocked because they have block or dodge, that's okay.

Dauntless works with Multiple Block. You add the strength of the two players being blocked together, and then try to beat that number with 2 dice. Horns is added in after this roll, so a player with Dauntless, Multiple Block and Horns could get 2 dice any two players standing together.

You're absolutely right that MB causes a lot of questions, and there is at least one more that I can think of up for review for the next BBRC meeting. With most topics like this, doing a search on the subject will answer many of your questions. - Welcome to the 'board.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

I think Block,Dauntless, MultipleBlock (and Pro) are the best Skill Combo for Chaos/Rotter teams. It takes so long to build that but its great for wrecking the entire defence on 1 side...

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I never thought of combining dauntless with multiple block. I must be slipping in my old age.

such new interesting players to be made. :D

ImageImage
Casper
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Casper »

Multiple block is the skill/trait which spawns the most questions/problems concerning ruling.
We have cleared out a few things in our rules section here: http://www.arosbb.dk/default.asp?p=ru#46

- Casper
commish of www.arosbb.dk

Post by Dave »

Looks good, only you can actually pile on one of your victims