Using dodge skill then reroll to reroll second failed dodge

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Puckohue
Rookie
Rookie

Using dodge skill then reroll to reroll second failed dodge

Post by Puckohue »

At a gathering the other night it was pointed out to me that in the LRB on page 15 "Dodge" and and on page 34 "Dodge" it says "the player may only re-roll one failed dodge roll per team turn."

This means that if my Gutter Runner with Dodge skill fails his first dodge, uses the dodge skill and succeeds, goes on and fails a second dodge roll = I can't use a team re-roll to re-roll this second failed dodge roll?!?

I see the writing, but I've always interpreted the text as meaning "only re-roll one failed dodge roll per team turn using the dodge skill."

I'm shocked.

Reason: ''
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Don't be shocked! You played it right, the Skill description on page 15 is badly worded. It must read:
"...the player may only re-roll one failed dodge roll per team turn with the help of the dodge skill."

You could even re-roll a third, different dodge roll in that turn with Pro.

Skill re-rolls even may be used in the opponents turn, which is forbidden for Team RRs. Your friends shouldn't confuse Skill based RRs with Team RRs.

Kamikaze Rudy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kamikaze Rudy »

The only thing you cannot do is Reroll the same roll twice. Like if you fail a dodge, use the dodge skill and fail that one, your turn is over(unless you have Stand Firm :wink:). No rerolling that same dodge again.