Wild Animal Problem

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dark Lord (retired)

Post by Dark Lord (retired) »

Gobstopper wrote:I think that since he is a wild animal and needs to go first that you could not stand him up later in the turn. If you are going to stand a knocked down wild animal up it must be your first move of your turn....Right? Then he would have to perform a blitz or block action on the player next to him. In this situation he could only block the adjacent player if he had the jump up skill otherwise he would need to use the blitz action.

If you skip standing him up right away then you would not be able to stand him up at all during that turn.

My friends and I have found that wild animals are very easy to defeat by always standing someone in their vicinity to take them away from the play. Use a lineman/equivalent to tie up the wild animal so that he is less effective and force him to use up your opponent's blitz actions for the turn.
That's because you are playing the rule incorrectly.
When he stands up he does not have to blitz or block or take any actions past standing up. In fact, he can stand up, dodge out, pick up the ball and pass if he feels like it.

REREAD MY POST:
Dark Lord wrote:It's not that hard. If he's standing next to an opponent he has to BLOCK OR BLITZ (your choice). If he's prone, he's just like every other player except he takes his action first.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ok, people are getting confused here, so lets break this down.

Must go first

If standing adjacent to an opponent, must Block or Blitz (your choice)

If standing but not adjacent, then can choose any action like any other player.

If prone and not adjacent, then can stand up, stand up and choose any other action or stay prone.

If prone and adjacent, then can stay prone, stand up, or stand up and choose any other action (dodge, foul, pass, etc).

A WA is only ever forced to Block or Blitz (your choice) if it STARTS it's turn standing in an opponents TZ. If it is prone it is NOT forced to Blitz.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Gobstopper wrote:I think that since he is a wild animal and needs to go first that you could not stand him up later in the turn.
Correct.

Gobstopper wrote:If you are going to stand a knocked down wild animal up it must be your first move of your turn....Right?
Yes.
Gobstopper wrote:Then he would have to perform a blitz or block action on the player next to him.
No. He only has to block/blitz if standing next to an opponent at the start of his action. Being prone at the start of his action means he doesn't have to, and can perform any action you want (including doing nothing).

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams