MVP and Dead?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

MVP and Dead?

Post by Diesel »

Just like clarification on a point:

I have been playing a game where unfortunatly a member of my team died. At the end of the game he was awarded the MVP - so in effect it was wasted.

Now in the League that I play in if your player Dies and you do not APO him/her then they are removed from the roster at that point - as a result we have never had the MVP wasted.

In LRB it says that the MVP can be awarded to anybody so long as they were eligable to play in the game. So I just want to make sure that you have to leave the Dead player on your roster and remove them at the end?

Thanks

Reason: ''
Never step onto the pitch!
Absolutely Goddamn not!
- Unless you are prepared to go all the way....
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemers Association
Commisoner of www.TRUBBL.co.uk
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

The LRB also mentioned that the MVP can be awarded to a dead player and hence is wasted. So, I guess you have to delete the player in the post-game phase.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Yup ... dead players (freebooters and star players also) can steal your team's MVP.

There is a setting in the PBeM tool that you can flip on so that Dead players cannot receive the MVP.

Galak

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

gunny that this allways happen when you just had a game with some bad luck, and got the player killed in an unfortunate accident, usually involving tripping over his / her / its own feet / paws / whatever :lol:

Diesel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Diesel »

To tell you the truth I had bought him early in the teams development and in about 10 or so games he had managed only 2 Casualties. Another player was injured badly enough in the game that I used the APO so "Sod's Law" states that he just had to Die...
Then he got the MVP which would have given him his first skill, and out of curiosity I looked at what was rolled and he got a double.

Luck is a fickle thing :-?

Never step onto the pitch!
Absolutely Goddamn not!
- Unless you are prepared to go all the way....
---
NUFFLE SUCKS!
Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemers Association
Commisoner of www.TRUBBL.co.uk
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I forgot that. It allways gives them a skill too

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: MVP and Dead?

Post by Agentrock »

Diesel wrote:So I just want to make sure that you have to leave the Dead player on your roster and remove them at the end?
Yeah, you can mark "DOA" or "worm bait" on the injury section of the roster for that guy...then remove him from the roster during the post game.

And yeah, fate is a jaded beyotch at times...

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.