Transfert a player from Roster to Assistant Coach...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i would allow it at the end of a match but to change your roster just before the beginning of one is cheesy

Reason: ''
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

We run a scheduled league, and not all games are played on the same night. Some players would drop Cheerleaders and AC's when they knew what their next opponent's team rating would be.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I might allow it at the end of a league night, when all are together and hardly anyone knows what he'll meet next..

berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

Adapting your TR in function of the opposition, right before a match is a bit cheesy IMHO...

Buying RR, hiring staff to lower your TR is of course okay.

In Deneb's case I suspect it is has more to do with handicap rolls than just win 10k more as he will probably the finals of his league (he leads the standings with 1 game remaining) and has all the position players. He's just sacking the zombie he got thanks to his necromancer...

"Light travels faster then sound."
Is this the reason why some people look bright until they start communicating ?
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

Buying RR, hiring staff to lower your TR is of course okay.
Don't these things have to bought right after the game, in the purchase phase?

This is why I don't like open format. With a set schedule (and a time limit to play your game, like 2 weeks), those kind of problems never arise.

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

SBG wrote:This is why I don't like open format. With a set schedule (and a time limit to play your game, like 2 weeks), those kind of problems never arise.
Fred
They do actually arise quite often, if you have a central place to post your game reports. Your next opponent shave points off his TR if he knows what your TR will be in your next game.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

SBG wrote:Don't these things have to bought right after the game, in the purchase phase?
Yes. But we tend to allow players to buy before so thay can think a bit more on what to do with the money, what skills to give. But of course you do not buy in function of your next match and since we play among friends we trust each other
SBG wrote: This is why I don't like open format. With a set schedule (and a time limit to play your game, like 2 weeks), those kind of problems never arise.
We (and in this case they) play with a set schedule...

SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

@ Skummy : I agree, it can happen since you have a fairly good idea of your next opponent's TR. And since we talk about it, I did it once: I dropped a Hobbo with 2 Nig and 35 SPP's before the semis. I thought it was better to have a poor Hobbo sure to play than a good one uncertain to show up. The TR drop did prevent my opponent to get a HR. But I also did it thinking long term, not only for this game. And to be honest, with the handicap table being what it currently is, who's afraid of it ?

@ Berserker : We only allow skill selection to be "post-poned" to the pre-game sequence of your next game, or before any other "week" is being played, whichever comes first. All buying must be done in the post-game phase. That might prevent some of what you're encountering. The guy still has time to think about skill progression, but I think you clearly know what is your next purchase before you know how much GC you get.

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

SBG wrote:@ Skummy : I agree, it can happen since you have a fairly good idea of your next opponent's TR. And since we talk about it, I did it once: I dropped a Hobbo with 2 Nig and 35 SPP's before the semis. I thought it was better to have a poor Hobbo sure to play than a good one uncertain to show up. The TR drop did prevent my opponent to get a HR. But I also did it thinking long term, not only for this game. And to be honest, with the handicap table being what it currently is, who's afraid of it ?
We've had 4 games in our league played with 5+ handicap rolls. The team down by over 100 points has won half of these games. An extra handicap gained in our Chaos Cup resulted in the assassination of the High Elves' best Lion Warrior. When my high rated humans went up against a low rated norse team, my Apoth was taken out, I was in the bag, Morley's hit 3 of my players, I had a virus and their first foul didn't count. In our league, the handicap table is seen as incredibly variable. It can have a huge impact on the game, but sometimes it won't do much of anything. I'd like to see it get fixed to a more reliable result, and hope that Milo's ideas on the subject are seriously considered by the BBRC.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

It depends on teh rolls. I once opted not to go for virus but the sponsorship deal (2D6 income)

Much better game as well

berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

SBG wrote:@ Berserker : We only allow skill selection to be "post-poned" to the pre-game sequence of your next game, or before any other "week" is being played, whichever comes first. All buying must be done in the post-game phase. That might prevent some of what you're encountering. The guy still has time to think about skill progression, but I think you clearly know what is your next purchase before you know how much GC you get.
Fred
It took me a while to figure out what GC was as I usually speal of GP's :roll:
Actually we don't have any problems since we play among friends and none of us is cheesy enough to cheat with that...

Speaking of cheesy what do you think of that:
During the finals around the end of the 1st half my woodies threw a decisive block on an orc thrower, I knocked him and proceeded the rest of my turn (just score) before rolling the armor roll. When I said oh I forgot to roll, the other coach went something like ah you forgot it is too late now :o :o :o ... We had a discussion and finally rolled a dice to rule the matter, he won (I rolled to see what 'd have happened and he was KO...). :pissed:

It is the same coach who insisted to play with the IP rule...
He can be annoying sometimes.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

don't play him then..

berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

Dave wrote:don't play him then..
With only 4 players in our weekly group it is hard to bypass someone... :-?

Apart from the sticky to the rules thing (he used to be a judge for Magic)he's nice...
And a good coach too. In fact he's my nightmare opponent, he's the only coach who won a game against me so far in 2003 which I am proud of (twice with orcs vs my woodies, and once in a fun game dwarf vs me testing vampires) .
Lately I finally got my revenge with my dark elves vs his skaven. :D

I wish I had more opponents sometimes...
And since I have no internet acces from home I can't play online...

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

you only played three matches this far :o :lol:

berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

Dave wrote:you only played three matches this far :o :lol:
Funny :wink:

I played less matches that I wanted to, that's for sure
:cry: