Transfert a player from Roster to Assistant Coach...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deneb
Rookie
Rookie

Transfert a player from Roster to Assistant Coach...

Post by Deneb »

Hi,

May we move a player to Assitant Coach even when the number of players is less than 16?

Or only when your roster is full?

:D 8)
deneb

LRB2.0, pg45:
If a coach hires a new player for a team that already has 16 players, then one of the old players will have to be retired to make room for him. Simply delete the retired player from the roster and fill the resulting space with the details of the new player. Each player that retires allows the coach to add an extra assistant coach to his team for free. A coach can, if he wishes, retire a player even if they do not have a new player to take his place.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

It doesn't matter how many players you've got. If you really wanted to you could make them all asst. coaches :o

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Pretty common practice around here right before a tourney you will see a lot of teams retire players to assitants to trim up their Team Rating.

ImageImage
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

yep, easy way to do that.
Undead teams can use it very often. Just remove a zombie / skelleton to get the TR under 151 for example.

Deneb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deneb »

Exactly my case..... You good detective.

15 Players
Team Rating: 154 - 2 Zombies +2 Head Coachs = 150

Useful or Stupid?

deneb

neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Deneb wrote:Exactly my case..... You good detective.

15 Players
Team Rating: 154 - 2 Zombies +2 Head Coachs = 150

Useful or Stupid?

deneb
i would say it depend on your next opponents rating.... Kicking 2 plyers for a total value of 60.000 to gain 10.000 more on the winnig table is not always worth it.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

However, if you've aged/niggled skellies/zombies probably worth it in the long run.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Our league recently realized that the LRB does not say anywhere that you are able to drop members of your coaching staff, so if you have 4 AC's you're always stuck with them. Do other leagues actually play like this, or is this a result of having two prelaw students in our league? :roll:

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

At fumbbl you can hire and fire coaching staff whenever you can want/afford to.

neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Grumbledook wrote:At fumbbl you can hire and fire coaching staff whenever you can want/afford to.
same for us

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Skummy wrote:Do other leagues actually play like this, or is this a result of having two prelaw students in our league? :roll:
I don't think the majority of my league realizes this (I didn't as well) and I'm not about to bring it up with them. We play currently that you can trim coaching staff as you like...makes sense since you can trim your team on a whim as well.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

ECBBL does not allow trimming of coaching staff. Once hired you are stuck with them. I've never played it any other way.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

We run a scheduled league and had some problems with people dropping staff to change the handicaps before a game.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Agentrock »

Yeah, I can see where that would be a problem. Like I said, not many of the players know about the rule BUT many don't adjust their coaching staff either...but the possiblility remains there though. I might clarify this rule so that it won't be abused...

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

As a commish I wouldn't allow the dropping of cheerleaders or coaching staff. Kinda unsportmanslike