Pushing back into a prone player

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wilhelm von Klaiserkopf
Rookie
Rookie

Pushing back into a prone player

Post by Wilhelm von Klaiserkopf »

What happens? I like to play that you can't if there are standing players which could be pushed into instead, but the LRB says nothing. I'd have thought it'd be difficult to push somebody into a prone player, but maybe the player just rolls out of the way...

Actually, I just had an idea. The player being pushed back could trip over the prone player, fall over in a square beyond him (ie. one he would have pushed the other player back to), and cause both to take an armour roll.

I'll take that up with my league.

Reason: ''
We don't have to be funny as long as we think we are...
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

A prone player is just classed as an occupied square, so it's as legit as a square with a standing player.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

push the chap away (shove??)

Wilhelm von Klaiserkopf
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wilhelm von Klaiserkopf »

It just seems weird that a player who is pushed into somebody who's lying down pushes them back. As the second player's pushed back by the first one falling into them, I don't see why it should be the same for prone players.

We don't have to be funny as long as we think we are...
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

It may not be sensible in real life, but it's a game mechanic, so just go with it. :wink:

As you said, the downed players just rolls out of the way.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Wilhelm von Klaiserkopf wrote:It just seems weird that a player who is pushed into somebody who's lying down pushes them back. As the second player's pushed back by the first one falling into them, I don't see why it should be the same for prone players.
I agree with darkson. You can t always compare the game to real life. It s also weird seing a goblin being pushed back onto an ogre who will be pushed back ;)

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

yeah. A stunty being pushed into a big guy should be automatically killed :lol: :lol: