New OFAB from 2003 Annual .. proposed re-wording

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Dark Lord wrote:Yes but stopping the score is one of the points of COFAB. The vamps are too powerful and it's too easy to get through 2 turns with out a failure. If you then take those turns and make only one of them have a COFAB that means anything, you have just seriously boosted the team.
Agreed, Dark Lord.

And Zombie ... the description is not too long (183 words). For pete's sake, its shorter than Always Hungry and about as long as Really Stupid (163 words). If its under 200, I'm pretty happy. I really dislike objecting to a rule because it has a medium length description ... especially when the rule work to balanced one of the most broken teams in the history of BB.

Galak

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: New OFAB from 2003 Annual .. proposed re-wording

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Zombie wrote:IMO, OFAB shouldn't need a roll when stunned, but neither should bonehead and really stupid.
By the way ... on this we'll disagree. I very much like the fact that Bonehead and Really Stupid need to be rolled while Stunned. I think I was reading about how a lot of folks think Bonehead needs to be worse than it currently is not better. So I really oppose any suggestion that makes Bonehead even less negative than it currently is.

Galak

Agentrock
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: New OFAB from 2003 Annual .. proposed re-wording

Post by Agentrock »

GalakStarscraper wrote:By the way Neo ... very, very good move removing the Lord from the roster and making his a freeboot star.
Yes, Neo...this was a great idea...we are currently using the original Vamp team and the Lord is killing us. We'll be switching to the newer version next season.

Galak, as far as the new OFAB description, it looks good. Not allowing them to score if they decide to go out of bounds in the endzone is a good catch. Besides, it still puts the ball at their endzone (unless it scatters into the crowd) which gives them a possibility of scoring on their next drive if the opposing team cannot get to the ball.

The end-zone “line of death” does not discriminate when one tempts fate by using a “go for it” to pass over it.
WhatzaMadderYew
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WhatzaMadderYew »

I wonder… would a stunned vampire have to roll for "Off for A Bite"? As I read the rule, the player only has to roll when he does an Action. Is un-stunning a player really an Action (with a capital "A")? I know in the injury table, it says all a stunned player can do "...for their next action is turn face up". But I think that is just wording for the sake of description. I thought the only Actions in blood-bowl were Move, Block, Blitz, Foul and Pass (with Hand-offs as a sub-set of Pass).

Also I am a little confused about the "Run and Score a TD to Prevent Being Forced Off the Pitch" rule that GalakStarscraper is talking about. I have the 2003 Annual, but when I read the "Off for A Bite" section, I don't see anything about it. Sounds like a good rule, I just wondering where it is at in the Annual.

Anyway, GalakStarscraper, your re-write makes the rule very clear.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

its not in the annual i don't think. His rewording is to clear up the version in the annual and replace it so that it doesn't cause so many problems.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I like it much better. Very clear, everything is in it..