Simple Treeman query!

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shadow_Dragon
Experienced
Experienced

Simple Treeman query!

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

When treemen are knocked over they have to roll to get back up ofcourse, however, if there movement goes up do they get to forego that penalty and merely get to stand up without moving, unles they choose to go for it or does it still apply?

Reason: ''
Shadow \/^^^\/ Dragon
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

A player can stand up at a cost of three squares from their movement. If the player has less than three squares of movement, he must roll 4+ to stand up. If he stands up successfully, he may not move further squares unless he Goes For It, as explained later.

That s the ruling for standing up, as i read it, it only taget players with less than 3 mouvement, if the tree get an upgrade, he can stand up normally.

Shadow_Dragon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

I knew that, however, i was readin the back of the book in the section on the history and such of the wood elves and it goes on to talking about the treeman and it jsut sayss the treeman ahs to do it, not that any movement upgrade can cure him, i know it's a petty point however any edge i can get on woodelves amuses me greatly! :)

Shadow \/^^^\/ Dragon
Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bevan »

Shadow_Dragon wrote:I knew that, however, i was readin the back of the book in the section on the history and such of the wood elves and it goes on to talking about the treeman and it jsut sayss the treeman ahs to do it, not that any movement upgrade can cure him, i know it's a petty point however any edge i can get on woodelves amuses me greatly! :)
That section in the book about Treemen is no longer part of the official rules. Neither is the bit that says his teammates can assist him to stand up. He has to do it on a 4+ regardless of how many elves stand around to help.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

ignore all that, there also used to be rules about others standing next to him helping him get up but also doesn't exist

the rules is less than 3 squares of movement you need to roll 4+ to stand up that goes for everyone

Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

Grumbledook is right, so if your MA 2 Treeman became a MA 3 Treeman he would no loger need to roll to stand up.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

And if a mummy loses 1MA and is knocked over, she has to roll 4+ to stand up...

It happened to one of my friends, good times :D

"Light travels faster then sound."
Is this the reason why some people look bright until they start communicating ?
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Grumbledook wrote:ignore all that, there also used to be rules about others standing next to him helping him get up but also doesn't exist

the rules is less than 3 squares of movement you need to roll 4+ to stand up that goes for everyone
hmmm, missed that. That's good to know, my 'Flings will celebrate for thet.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

its still in the printed 2002 handbook but its been removed from the rules.

Shadow_Dragon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

Thank you for the help, i's just trying to find another way to get at the treeman, so far i've killed many things but never a treeman, i got his armour down to 9 but his movement went up to 3, which bugs me, a blitzing treeman often does!

Shadow \/^^^\/ Dragon
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Kill a treeman.

Try a dirty player or Piling on RSC chaos warrior.
should do nicely. :evil:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Shadow_Dragon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

Well my rat ogre has made some crazy attempts as he has claw AND RSC aswell as block and pro ofcourse, however he's only good as an assist hen i can get more people in as he's always disadvantaged to treemen!
I nearly always find myself KO'ing it so i only hit him once!

Shadow \/^^^\/ Dragon