penalty touchdown

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

elirresistiblo
Rookie
Rookie

penalty touchdown

Post by elirresistiblo »

Hi!

I read somewhere (but obviously don't remember where it was) that if a player has less than 3 players on the field at the begining of one of his own turn, the opposing coach was awarded a penalty touchdown and a new kick of would take place.

I realize that it is not mentioned in the living rulebook, nor in the Q&aA (although it is written that a player must field 3 to 11 players during a kick off)?

True / False?

Thanks

Reason: ''
Asmodan
Legend
Legend

Post by Asmodan »

No thats not true, but the opposing coach do get automatically a touchback.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
Master Heretic
Nuffle Blasphemer´s association
slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

That must be some houseruling somewhere.

There is no penalty for getting beaten of the field (besides normal injury).
It is on the BBRC hotlist 2003 what happens if you cannot field 3 players for a kickoff.

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

I read somewhere (but obviously don't remember where it was) that if a player has less than 3 players on the field at the begining of one of his own turn, the opposing coach was awarded a penalty touchdown and a new kick of would take place.
Tough ruling that would be! If I can get enough players out, I will be rewarded with a bonus TD, then would have to kick to a weak opposition to beat them up entirely and score again? :-?

Of if I lead 3:1 but can only field 2 players I can't even hope to hold onto the ball and rescue that win? :-?

Bashy time I guess... :pissed:

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
cidervampire
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cidervampire »

this was answered by Chet on Galaks page
http://www.midgardbb.com/BBRC_HotList2002.html

"What happens if you can only field 1 or 2 players for a drive (ie less than the required 3 on the LOS) is it an automatic concession or does the game go on? What if a team has NO players in reserve to field? I've seen the scenario where Wood Elves are up by 2 TDs with 3 turns left in the 2nd half but the entire team is either KO'd or Injured ... what happens? We've played that the opposing team takes the field alone and continues playing, but is this correct? ... need some wording for guidance.
BBRC response: The game continues as long as the opposing coach does not conceed "

afraid nobody around here
understands my potato
guess i'm only a spudboy
looking for a real tomato