All about Dark Elves

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

s031720
Veteran
Veteran

Post by s031720 »

Flash:

Nice stats there! :)

Yes, playing with diffrent rule-sets can do that to you. My real rookie-period was with the LRB3-4 ruleset, or rather, thats what stuck, and I still get confused from time to time, especially with these new and fancy skills.

You surly mean that you would miss that assassin.

Yes, I will get both assassins, but its not top priority. I guess it depends on the league, if its heavy on the AG-team side of things, id go with assassins sooner, otherwise, elves and runners. And most leagues are heavy on the bashing side for some reason.

From the starting roster above, I will go:

+ WE
+ WE
+ Ass
+ Run
+ Ass

And replace anyone that goes broken ofcourse. Might not replace some linemen though, undecided on that.

Any thoughts or reflections you would want added to the original post?

Reason: ''
flash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flash »

Yeah, I mean the Assassin is really important to me. I like to have that tactical option. So one Assassin on a Team ist great (I confess I buyed him before the 2nd witch). Though I'm not sure the 2nd Assassin is worth the Team Value he costs. A said I like to have the option in my team, but I dont see the need of having 2 of them. The dont get many SPP, and are only usefull against agile / low AV team so far for me. My team have a TR of 2.710K, 15 Players and 170K Cash - so I have enough to buy the 2nd. I rather save the money to replace killed / crippled players.

Here is my Team:
http://ariadne.kicks-ass.org/bonnbowlroster/?id=8

any advices on upcoming / missing skills - what to do with the cash?

s031720
Veteran
Veteran

Post by s031720 »

Good point, Im not sure its useful to have two either.. I just want to.. :)

Atleast with two you up the chance of getting multiple block on atleast one of them, and shadowing is a pretty good passive skill.

One can also board them against AV 8+ team with the intention of getting them SPPs and prepare them for that pesky woodelf team to come. They still have MA 7, and with first skill Block they will function pretty much as a bit more fragile but more versatile Blitzers for a value of 110k instead of 100K.

Edit: About your team
I like your team. :)

I like that you have gone with AV instead of MA on your linemen and I really like your leaping blitzers. Interesting combo with block and wrestle on the same character, some would call it a waste, but as playerhunter it might be a good idea. Is it working well for you?

Is that kicker lineman dead? In that case I would say that you need to get kick again.

Ive got nothing but obvious skillsuggestions. Its looking real good to me, and good SPP management for a good spread.

I might have sacked the Assassin and bought me a new one if I had the money to spare. Starting with Block, then go the shadowing route. Multiple Block on doubles, and you got yourself a real nice AV 7 pennalizer.

Otherwise, saving up might be good, I guess spiralling expences are taking its toll at that TV-lvl? :)

flash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flash »

s031720 wrote:Good point, Im not sure its useful to have two either.. I just want to.. :)

Atleast with two you up the chance of getting multiple block on atleast one of them, and shadowing is a pretty good passive skill.

One can also board them against AV 8+ team with the intention of getting them SPPs and prepare them for that pesky woodelf team to come. They still have MA 7, and with first skill Block they will function pretty much as a bit more fragile but more versatile Blitzers for a value of 110k instead of 100K.
I'm afraid they only have MA 6 :)

MA 7 / Shadowing players are powerfull enough as such to take 2 of them, regardless what TV they cost. The point is - they have AV7. That makes them more fragile and a gets a pretty "hit me" tag over the head.

s031720
Veteran
Veteran

Post by s031720 »

Haha :) Ok, confused once more. Dang those elves are slow!

Yep, all AV 7 players are a target. The other players will just have to try to protect them as well as possible.

I WILL find a way to make assassins useful overall. Ill let you know when Ive got it. :)

flash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flash »

Actually I Like the fact the Assassin is a target for the opponents. It may save one of my other valuable players. As long as he dont get many skill, I dont bother buy a new one.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

flash wrote: Jug is indeed a no-brainer.
I'm not sure this is so clear cut, a Witch Elf will still often have Block/Wrestle thus removing part of Juggernauts appeal.

I would favour MB.
flash wrote: Anyone already thought about hiring 2 Assassins in a team?
I'm quite happy to start a league with 2 Assassins.
Better threat on LOS when receiving and behind the LOS when kicking.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
flash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flash »

PubBowler wrote:
flash wrote: Jug is indeed a no-brainer.
I'm not sure this is so clear cut, a Witch Elf will still often have Block/Wrestle thus removing part of Juggernauts appeal.

I would favour MB.
Sure, but you can still combine the both skills and choose what you want. What if your blitz to surf the Block player ends up with a double both down, or skull / both down and you dont have a RR left? Juggernaut helps. It makes your witch to a efficient "Surf-Machine"

s031720
Veteran
Veteran

Post by s031720 »

I just cant see MB beeing as useful as Juggernaut.

Frenzy is the base of my defense against cages, and anything that makes frenzy as much better as Juggernaut is a must in my book. Stand Firm is all to common and Wrestle is a scary skill to be up against with a targeted AV 7ner. Juggernaut will keep the WE, your team, and the game, alive. What does MB do? :)

flash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flash »

s031720 wrote:What does MB do? :)
KILL 'EM! KILL 'EM ALL! :roll:

ehm... anyway. I follow your opinion :smoking:

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

What does MB do?
Well, you're likely to be blitzing with your MBlw+Frenzy player for the entire game. That should translate into armor breaks and smackdown. :D

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Mighty Blow for me as well. Guard is tempting if you are Blodge with Side Step though. But Juggernaut is a close second to Mighty Blow.

Over the course of a season, Mighty Blow saves Dark Elf lives. The fewer times you are outnumbered on the pitch, the more you will survive. It does make the Witch a target, so don't blitz with her out in free space and allow a tackle player an easy block on her the following turn (unless it's late in the game and this diversion will allow you to score.)

flash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flash »

s031720 wrote: I like that you have gone with AV instead of MA on your linemen and I really like your leaping blitzers. Interesting combo with block and wrestle on the same character, some would call it a waste, but as playerhunter it might be a good idea. Is it working well for you?
Yeah - many says that +AV may be a waste too, but I want to have tough linemans for the line. The Strip Ball Wrestle Blitzer is a Ball hunter more than a player hunter. Its working fine so far. I can do even 2d against - only the skull is frightening and there is a good chance to get the ball (though its still a desperate measure - if I cant do otherwise). I think I have to take care of him. Many opponents already hates him :evil:
s031720 wrote: Is that kicker lineman dead? In that case I would say that you need to get kick again.
No, hes just MNG
Ive got nothing but obvious skillsuggestions. Its looking real good to me, and good SPP management for a good spread.
Thanks :D I really make an effort to spread the SPP, especially to the linemans. If I can afford a Handoff or Pass to let them score, then I usually do so.
I might have sacked the Assassin and bought me a new one if I had the money to spare. Starting with Block, then go the shadowing route. Multiple Block on doubles, and you got yourself a real nice AV 7 pennalizer.
Yeah that is in my mind atm. Im not really happy with his skill and injury now, though im doing well with him as line fodder :) I want him to die on the pitch.
Otherwise, saving up might be good, I guess spiralling expences are taking its toll at that TV-lvl? :)
Yes, expences are quite high, but so far I managed not to pay anything out of my treasury, due to high FF (almost +1 or +2 from FAME all the time) and winning my games. Obviously, no one dies to replace :) I guess the first time I need my cash to replace players, I have to additionally pay expences from treasury... That may be nuffle's law...

s031720
Veteran
Veteran

Post by s031720 »

Jural:
The fewer times you are outnumbered on the pitch, the more you will survive.
I agree. I just think crowdpushing is a more effective way to do it.

Plasmoid:
Quote:
What does MB do?

Well, you're likely to be blitzing with your MBlw+Frenzy player for the entire game.
I Hope you understand I was joking ;) I know of the reason to take MB, I just think juggernaut does a better job of it.

s031720
Veteran
Veteran

Post by s031720 »

Flash:
Well +MA could be a waste to. Good point about having extra AV on the LOS.

Yeah, I meant hunting players with the ball ofcourse. :)

Hehe, thats just aswell. Fodder is always useful. And of all the players in an DE-team, -AG on the assassin is the least hurtful.