need help on Dark Elf team improvement

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Well, if it works, it works.
Probably wouldn't work for us. We Dutchies very possesive are, grrrrrrr. Leave alone team, mine is. :evil:
Well, kinda like this. I wouldn't mind playing with different teams and learning new strategies, but I wouldn't like somebody screwing up my old team.
But, at least you are able to play with a Str 5 Dark elf, even if you hate the guy.

If you look at our (not yet started) competition, you also see that some have played 20 games, some 10 and some 2. That should change though,,,,,, I hope.

:smoking:

Reason: ''
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

When 3rd edition Blood Bowl was first released (I know it was a long time ago because there was lots of my mates about to participate in the "allowing me to win".) six or seven of us each took our own team and subjected ourselves to the highs and lows of a competetive league atmosphere. You know the feelings when you take a trophy or watch your team transfer from the pitch into the seriosly injured box, or when you've got to play "nasty Dougs" Undead team, or when you'r desperatly looking for an easy game so your team can recover after playing "nasty Doug".
Nowadays as an old b*****d, with far fewer mates free to play in a league, our league system is the ideal solution. As myself and Deathwing play probably 90% of the games, having 16 teams from 10 different races allows us to still be absorbed in a living, breathing fantasy league. Belive me when I say thet we live, eat and breath Blood Bowl.
Our system is a good solution when you need more players, or not everybody has the free time anymore. We are fairly familiar with each team and how they work but not so familiar that we know each player by name and number. It's hard work when each team becomes developed but it certainly keeps us on our toes.
And yes it is weird to play against my old team the ROLLIN REEFERS, and when my old stars die it's like loosing old friends, but blood bowl should be bloody.

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I'm thinking about next league, we will start it in september. We are going to use 4th ed. gold rules but without app. fees.
I supose I'll be the comish and I would like to make an open league were everybody can use as many teams as they want (maybe just saying that must use different races) and play as many matches as they want. I think I'll make a rule to force almost one match per week for everybody and a maximum date for the last match. Now what I need It's a kind of rule to stablish order to keep the 4 best teams to play the blood bowl, maybe something like the formula that apeared on BBmagazine. Another problem are some guys that are suspicious to make tricks with their teams, specially two brothers who had some "special players" in last league they played (one of them had 2 strenght increases plus 3 doubles rolled, sounds nasty... no?). How do you control this? allowing so many matches it's difficult for a comish keep track or be present when they play.
Any advice? I talked here about this because I think your system sounds enough good...

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Longfang: Actually mate the ratio of games involving us is around 70%. Surprising huh?

Ancalagon: Wow. Falsifing team sheets is a heinous crime! If you suspect people of cheating on skill rolls, all you can do is make sure all rolls are witnessed by either you or another independent coach. They can still work out TR, just maybe roll skills before the next game when the opposing coach can witness it. It does raise the problem of two coaches playing back to back (two in a row)games without a third party being present, but if they want to do that they should just arrange a witness. Apply any rulings to the entire League so you don't offend anyone, and make it clear that anybody caught cheating is thrown out of the League permamently. That's about all I can suggest.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Ancalagon.

If you seriosly think that they are falsifying their teams then they are lower than a snakes belly!

Give them a damn good kicking and run them out of town.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

So, Now I have played 4 games with my darkelves and tonight I face the 250+ skaven team for the Chaos cup. So far, I lost 3 matches and draw 1 (against goblins). My latest match was a 4-0 disaster. Fortunately, My last 2 matches gave me the card "that boy's got talent" and I now stand at 4 rerolls. They still lack alot of spp's and my minotaur screwed me big time during the last match. My witchelves are to easy to block, so I'm still considering how they can become more usefull.

That was it actually. Just saying how things were progressing.

:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

How will the new rules affect you now?

will you go the 4 blitzer route :evil:

I think the witch elves are cool now, almost like a female wardancer. super :lol: