need help on Dark Elf team improvement

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I need help because from last match I have some increases on my team. I have only one match against human before blood bowl in our league and I must win to be clasified. I have 2 players who won't play next match, here's my team list and some of my possible choices for skills:

Beastmen 6 3 3 8 Horns, pro, dauntles 14 spp
Minotaur 5 5 2 8 Horns, Migthy blow, etc w.dagger 10 spp
Blitzer 8 3 4 8 Block, +1 mo 6 spp
Blitzer 7 3 5 8 Block, dodge, +1 ag I rolled double 4, but due my kind of play I think leap is the best choice 29 spp
Lineman 6 3 4 8 Block, dodge 23 spp
Lineman 6 3 4 8 Dodge 6 spp
Lineman 6 3 4 8 3 spp
Lineman 6 3 4 8 Block, dodge, tackle 35 spp
Lineman 6 3 4 8 Block ¿pile on? I rolled doubles 11 spp (he won't play next match)
Lineman 6 3 4 8 I rolled double 5 ¿pile on?¿guard?¿+1 mo?
Lineman 6 3 4 8 Block, dauntles 16 spp (miss next match)
Lineman 6 3 4 8 dirty player 6 spp
Thrower 6 3 5 8 Pass, Passblock, +1 Agi, Block 31 spp
Thrower 6 3 4 8 Pass, sure hands 6 spp

13 FF
2RR+1 free
apoth

I also have 160k on treasury, but I think I should keep them in order to drop my beastmen (he doesn't work much well) and buy lord borak for the blood bowl tournament. Keep in mind that we pay laissez faire app. fees so I need some money to pay him before he plays.

Mi first idea is playing hard against this human team, I mean, doing as many injuries as possible at the start of the match; I won last time against him doing this (if something works, don't change it), this is the reason that made me think about pile on, but to be honest I've never used it so I don't know if it's good enough. All advice is wellcome...

Reason: ''
If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Well I don't know much about Dark Elves, but keep that Beastman! He just needs block and he's an amazing player.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I would recommend to use guard for your doubles. Elves need a little help when they face the bashing teams. Keep the beatsman as well. He will be able to perform most blocks alone (when he aquires block). Personally, I would buy a witchelf now, because
1- They look good.
2- With a little experience, they can become awesome players.
I myself may play my DE second match tonight (after a horrible 1st match last week against goblins). My lineup so far
8 linemen (one with 5 SPP's)
1 lineman with a dagger (10 SPP's)
1 blitzer
1 thrower
1 minotaur
apothecary, rerolls 2, FF 4 (I lost one immediately)

These guys will take some time to develop.
Good luck with yours Ancalagon.

:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Our Dark Elve team had a horrible first season finishing close to the bottom in the league. They struggle to begin with due to their high cost of players. I think we basically started with a team of linemen and waited for some earnings to buy the position players.
We were lucky with a lineman picking up an AG increase and a double (accurate) to become an excellant thrower. This certainly helped them out. Towards the end of the season they really began to take shape and are currently top dogs this season.
The team now includes a ST5 Blitzer, a ST4 Thrower and three AG5 Linemen, both witchelves move 8 and one also has AG5. Most players have Block, Dodge so they are difficult to knock down. They are a team that can take the fight to all teams and steal the ball with ease. To make it more frightening it's planned to give some of the agility 5 guys Pass Block and Catch. You won't be able to run the ball past them and if you try to throw the ball they will just pluck the ball out of the air (4+ with a re-roll).
The down side of all this is that if they become too dominant they will have to be retired (archived, and brought out for one off challenge games or mini super league tournaments.)
For the present though, they are going to be at the top of the tree." The bigger they are" the dirtier people play against them. Expect some bad blood grudge games.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Ok, I lost my second match with 2 players killed (1 cured). The dwarves I played against were having some easy starters with half the time 6 players (average) down. Second half screwed when Minotaur Mucked up (lost turn immediately) and blitzer refused to catch ball at two 2+ attempts. No more scoring opportunities after that.
Only scored 2 points for my minotaur and twice 1 point for linemen who made completions. Can't wait for luck to change.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

Prince, you suffer from dark elf doom, like any other dark elf coach... we always fail 2+ rolls and if you waste a RR you'll roll 1 again, so better loose turn and keep RR :wink:.

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Keep with them, they'll take a while to develop, same as all Elf teams, but when they do.....man o man ! :wink:

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

After 2 testgames my (roundabout 120+TR) elves have to fight a 250+TR skaven team for the chaos cup. I can't wait :sad:

I think I'll wait until I went on a holliday.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

The Rollin' Skaven Rockers? Just had a look at their roster. Two Rat Ogres and Ripper Bolgrot. They're a scary team. I'd just try and kill that b*stard little one-turn scorer Blackfoot Cornpatch! :evil: You know it makes sense! :wink:

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

There is a price on his head, but he only puts him on the scrimmageline when he receives the ball. Since he normally scores in 1 turn, nobody has had a chance to kill him yet.
1 advantage though. He only has 35.000k. He has to pay 15.000 to field the running bastard and 25.000 to field his starplayer Troll.
Anticipate, anticipate.
The only advantage I can think of is that during th egame I get 3 bonuscards and after the game I have 4 MVP. His fans will also give me a nice modifier on the "cash your money roll". Actually, those were 3 advantages.

I hate those little guys.

ps. My other 2 teams have reached the second round.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Pray for a Blitz! :smile:

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I'd rather pray for a 6 turn lasting riot.
Another one in the second half would be nice too.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Ha Ha! That's what saved me last time out playing Norse! 1-1 at H-T(after a riot), but my Ogre was Badly hurt, so with the oppos, having a Zug and an Ogre as well it was looking grim as I was kicking. We had a five turn riot. I then played a card (offside trap)which created a turnover.
So basically he set up for the second half ready to give me a pounding, and the next thing he's got two turns left and I'm in possession of the ball in his backfield! :lol: I'm not usually that lucky!

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

:grin:
everybody always feels that luck turns against them. But actually, you gotta point. Maybe if I'm lucky, and he doesn't beat me up, I might even score!
I still will wait after my holliday to play the bastard, I mean this friend of mine.

Doesn't it bother you that you don't know with what team you'll be playing and that you can't help in your teams progress??

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Actually it's kinda exciting making the draw. Plus we get to play all the teams. Of course we have our favourites(I've got a softspot for Chaos). Three of the teams that entered this season, were personal teams though, from a league I wasn't involved in. The coaches let them go. Must be wierd playing against your 'own' team !! :smile:
Like is says on the site, the real beauty is no schedules, no fixture lists, and anybody can play. We'd like a few more regular coaches though. Me and Longfang play the bulk of the games. This season for example, I've played 47, Longfang 46, other coaches have played 31, 14, 4, 2 and 2. People's circumstances change, this way there's always a game for anybody who wants one (guests included)and it doesn't matter if somebody wants to show up one weekend in two months or every weekend. Works for us! :wink: