Almost perfect Norse throwers

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

ScottTBBF
Rookie
Rookie

Almost perfect Norse throwers

Post by ScottTBBF »

I tend to play very aggressive (i.e. lots of attempting to score) Norse, and to support this style of play I needed throwers that could help me hold onto the ball.

Here are two of my favourite homegrown stars:

Smurken Lurgen (Thrower) 6/3/4/7 Block, Pass, Dumpoff, Nerves of Steel
Flurken Lurgen (Thrower) 6/3/4/7 Block, Pass, Dumpoff, Nerves of Steel, Safe Throw

I was very fortunate with stat increases and doubles rolls on both of them. :) Actually with my nearby 4AG catcher, these boys have something like a 97% chance of completing their dumpoffs, which is huge for ball control.

Another favourite norse star of mine was under 3rd edition, way back when.

Bjorn the Virile (Thrower) 5/4/3/7 Block, Pass, Sure Hands, Dumpoff, Diving Tackle, Magic Helmet, Accurate

Ol' Bjorn could push away most players trying to blitz him (4ST with old-style diving Tackle) and those that he couldn't, well, he could Dump Off the ball pretty well... 4th edition made him obsolete though. I've since remodeled him, but an older pic resides on www.tbbf.org in the gallery section.

Reason: ''
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I ran a Norse team once and my thrower gained a +1 to his strength and later got magic helmet. I retired them in the end because I didn't enjoy playing Norse. Good to see a player who enjoys the development of his team. Laters DD.

Reason: ''