Trick Plays

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Trick Plays

Post by jeffzimm1 »

Hey,

what do are your favorite "trick plays"/ decieving plays to turn a game around. My personal favorite is actually as a defensive player. I've got a play called an end around which takes a risk, but allows my defensive team to stack one side and take out the player with the ball.

This, if it works, very often decimates my opponents side where I attack and leaves a nice hole to work with.

Reason: ''
"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

My favourite is called "Hey, look over there!". All you do is yell "Hey, look over there!" and when your opponent turns his head, you switch his minis around.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

my best trick play is the one where i fail my first die roll of the turn...

...well, it gets the game over with quicker!

i play a lot of really short games :P

iron chef kosher
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

I've set up plays that look like they give away the sidelines, only to clamp down rather hard on them when the other team tries to take them from me. One good trick is to put your weakest players on a wing, but leave the other wing unguarded... this makes it look like you're strong side is the side with your weakest players. Then you can tighten the wrench as your opponent tries to take advantage of what is actually your stronger side.

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Long bomb to the troll!
Oh wait...that's just stupid.

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

i just have to say its the feint manouver...

im going right...im going left...im going middle...ive gone left...

once i did it with a troll versus a bunch of stupid dark elves :lol:
that was a blast...just watching all theese little elves chasing the cuddly huge troll...

i cant imagine what went through the trolls head when he did it but he must have been confused why opponents were accually coming his way instead of running away from him. what he didnt realize was that the sneaky goblins had put the ball under the trolls chain mail body protection and just kept yelling at the troll, "hit that one over there, nonono...over there..."

by the time the goblins had finally pried the ball away from the troll, it had run the sidelines of the field at least two times...

troll feint, troll blitz feint, troll feint handoff, stunty goblins score 2-2

bj0rn - ...gotta love it

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

My favourite trick play is using loaded dice to get a 6 turn riot in 3 games running!!!!!! :o

If only I had made sure I was winning the game before letting the dogs out.. :x :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

If only I had made sure I was winning the game before letting the dogs out..
:lol: snilld!

kind of reminds me of a "out of control" goblin bombardier, who in a infamous goblin-high elf game managed to inflict 6 casualties. after inflicting 3 he got so out of control that he targeted the biggest group of high elves in sight...the poor bastard never knew what hit him.

well...the highest concentration of high elf presence was naturally all around the poor bombardier...who brilliantly "sacrificed" himself for his art and dropped the bomb down on his toes...resulting in killing himself, badly hurting a high elf lineman and SI a dragon warrior...

bj0rn - ...chained goblins??? RUN!

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Don't cross your legs...

Post by voyagers_uk »

My mainly used defensive trick play is to almost completely unman :oops: the middle of my defense, most opponents I have faced are so sure it is a trick that they still weight to the sidelines and ignore the obvious opening. This allows me to almost immediately get men in behind their lines to assist in popping the ball out.

I have a few side step/stand firm players in there as well 8) which helps me to completely change the los and drag the opponent all over the place. Having spread these special skills/traits out amongst the team the opponent has a hard time tracking them down at a kickoff.

I love defense at the moment. :evil: it rocks 8)