First Team

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

all you need to do to make Brettonian figs is weapon snip some WFB figures! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(I'll have you know its a duffel coat...)

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

I don't play 2k1 rules so I have no limitations on teams, allies etc so Bretts are not a problem. Since I have loads of old players from past editions I made a team up of these. Remember the heavily armoured figures that came out after the plastic ones? Thats my team! And easy to paint as well.

Russ
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Russ »

Hey guys, thanks for your help. I played an Orc team against a guy playing humans and he taught me as we played a half. His human blitzers and catchers danced around the field while his go-boy linemen occupied my Ogre and BOBs. I like Orcs, and most of our league plays a running/grinding game, but the passing game seems to win more often.

I think I will play humans to start. They seem to be less money with more skills to start and they aren't left completely behind by the quicker teams.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Hey...are you listening?
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Very wise Russ...

the general concensus here is that either team can work, it just depends upon you.. the real difference for me is M8 catchers with Dodge and Catch, very hard to handle, especially if you can quickly give them block or nerves of steel..

The other thing to keep in mind is SPPs.. humans will (under normal circumstances) generate SPPs more quickly as they will score more, but they will suffer a few more casualties moving forward as well..

Finally, if you do go for an Orc team, I wouldn't start with BOBs and an Ogre.. that's a lot of strength, but not much in the way of Block! I'd stay away from Ogres to begin with as they take a bit of getting used to (I have one in my Dwarf team, but the team are so good now I tend to leave him on the bench as he is totally unreliable!) Makes a nice sub though... :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Post by NightDragon »

Agreed Norse BOB's are dodgy to start with, but if you are going to play them you might as well develop them from the outset, and take all 4. Sure you are likely to lose but look to the future that's my principle, why I rarely took star players even in 3rd edition. Laters.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

My point exactly... an Orc team should start with Orcs! Ogres and Trolls are fun, but should not be part of the initial roster..

I prefer 3 BOBs, 4 Blitzers, 1 thrower, 2 lineorcs and a gobbo, but that's just me...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Russ
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Russ »

I'd like to play Humans, but our league is a 'grinding' league. AKA - everyone plays a running game...even the elven teams?! I guess I'll just have to get used to buying Linemen.

Our league has teams that carry over from one season to the next, so new teams get a little extra money and a few SPP's to make them competitive.

The Orc team Norse suggested was basically what I had, with an Ogre and a Norse Catcher instead of LineOrcs. :smoking:

I was also thinking, wouldn't it be great if Catchers could get Stand Firm?
You could run the sidelines without fear of injury from a pushback into the crowd, and you'd never suffer a turnover by a failed Dodge roll...too bad.

Blah, Blah, Blah...Hey...are you listening?
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Side step has the same basic effect Russ, and they can get that! ;)