Skaven Mutations

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Skaven Mutations

Post by McDeth »

As Skaven seem to be the topic here at the moment. Thought i'd ask your opinions on what mutations, or traits i should take on my highly expectant Double rolls on the SPP roll.

My intention is

Gutter Runner ( Of Course to develop a boring 1 turn scorer )To accomplish this i need either a stat increase, sprint, etc )
Luckily i've already rolled a double here and have gone for Very Long Legs, next skill will be Sprint )

Storm Vermin ( Not sure where to go here if i get a double, mutation or trait, probably either Horns or Stand Firm )

Lineman ( Hmm, Claw or Dauntless )

Thrower ( Big hand or would Strong arm be better )

Any thoughts

Reason: ''
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

For stormvermin I would take spikes, as these guys will be in the thick of the action, or RSC, so you can dish it out..

For throwers, I'm not sure big hand is really that important when you get a re-roll anyway.. can't he take nerves of steel?

Linerats... who cares, they die a lot... actuall, why not FA, a 1 in 6 chance of not being hit is pretty useful on the LOS....

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I think i could pretty much well takes NOS on a normal roll, i was trying to utilise a double throw to its best benefit.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I thought NOS was an trait, but I'm probably wrong again.. :cry:

if it is a skill, then strong arm, or FA may help him from being sacked...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Your right NOS is a trait. :cry:

Suppose i'll have to rethink my strategy.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Just a great way of picking up the ball no matter who is near it..

NOS combined with Stunty would be very scary I think (not for Skaven obviously, just in general I mean..)

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

NOS combined with Stunty would be very scary I think (not for Skaven obviously, just in general I mean..)
Guess that's a good reason stunties can't take General traits. No tackle zones when dodging. No tackle zones when passing. No tackle zones when catching. No tackle zones when picking up the ball...WOW! :o

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Just realised with Big hand can't you pick up the ball on a 2+ roll no modifiers no matter how many TZ are present?

Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Hi, Skaven-coaches!

yap, big hand is like that and nice for picking up the ball on defense in the middle of the action. However, I found out that on offense sure hands is enough to get the ball from the ground and I would therefore go for strong arm on doubles for your thrower.

You could build two throwers: one for the offense with strong arm, one for the defense with big hands. You should hope for NoS for your d-rat because you might fumble a lot after picking up the ball if you want to get rid.

For a storm vermin you could also choose claws. Norse idea sounded also great to me giving the rat RSC, but if you can't break the armor the guy will stand up next turn and will unnerve you again (this is what happened to me :( ). Thus, my SV has now claws and I try to blitz with the SV to open up the hole for the GR. Even with a "stunned", there is one less to care about (at least for a turn, but with skaven that's usually enough).

Sputnik

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Thanks High and Mighty, my new skink will be very disappointed he can't do everything without TZs.. :lol:

I'd forgotten how much Stunty guys get crapped on with skills... :cry:

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

For the Storm Vermin i'm undecided. i felt horns would be useful to get be that +1 ST for opening the gap, but RCS, would also be good, particularly as the standard blitzer mutation has already got one.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

A pair of Foul Appearance/ Pass Block linerats can completely shut down opposition passing ...

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Why do I bother posting. I came up with these suggestions the other night on the other Skaven thread and it all went totall undiscussed, Right I'm gonna blather on about normal skills.............

.....just wait and see.............

for sure...............

pah, nobody cares what the great Longfang has to say anyway.........

grrrrrrr. :pissed:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]