My first games suffer from a lot of turnovers

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I find that I only use that sideline half-cage as a desperation tactic when undermanned. It's far too easy to isolate your drive if you make a habit of doing this too often. I prefer to keep my Skaven recievers numerous and spread-out. Show your opponent a lot of options and he won't be able to cover them all. Show him one and he'll come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Marcus

Reason: ''
Pantera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pantera »

But that was one of the points. Of course you will need to have other options available. And if the opponent comes down like a ton of bricks on the sideline, you will have a whole field open for you other players. This is just one tactic wich is easy because you can pretty easy get through on one side. Spreading 3 GR is really good, but if you don't plan to dodge trough several TZ you will need to open more holes in the defense. And depending on the opponent, that can be really hard for the not so strong Skaven. One variant on the sidecage is to put up two more GR's which go for it and push into the infield.

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I love the sideline cage play. My dwarf team once managed to build one that stretched pretty much the entire length of the field. The look on my opponent's face when he realised his wood elves didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting even close was brilliant. Taught him the lesson of not being OVER agressive on a Blitz. Quite possibly the only occasion you'll hear of a dwarf team out running a wood elf team. :P

Of course, the play is made so much easier by Stand firm/Guard Longbeards.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I am able to do that occasionally with my orcs, 3 or 4 guys making a line between the opponents team and the ball carrier is a wonderful thing.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

I do that a lot with my wood elves, all these block/gaurd elves in a line.......Niccce :lol:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
amalie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by amalie »

but how do you defend against a lose cage formation (dwarf or orc) with a skaven team without leaping players or Ratogre ?

Zy-Nox

Post by Zy-Nox »

amalie wrote:but how do you defend against a lose cage formation (dwarf or orc) with a skaven team without leaping players or Ratogre ?
I havent used Skaven for so long so am not the best to comment.
I'd say send the Gutters round the back, block up the front with linerats,and hit him with the stormvermin,Try to break up part of the cage at a time,
And why dont you have a RAT OGRE? :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

The only good way to beat a loose cage is to slow it down and make sure u can put a defense in front as well as trying to sneak a guy in the back way. Gr's with block and dauntless are excellent blitzers, give the guy horns and your a terror weapon (why else would u have 4 gr's?).

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.