Lizarmen teams

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

I need tips, tricks and ways of coaching a lizarmen team... someone can help?

Reason: ''
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Play it like you would play Skaven, but try to hit more of your opponents. When I see the team, I can't stop thinking that these quick tanks should be able to pound everybody.

Smoking dragon smily

Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

I prefer playing with Skavens, they're faster and more suited for my style of play. Plus the look great on the field :smile:

[b]Against us all.[/b]
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

On 2001-06-27 11:43, Prowler wrote:
I prefer playing with Skavens, they're faster and more suited for my style of play. Plus the look great on the field :smile:
I considered more than twice about playing skavens (I enjoyed the "skaven way" reading Gotrek&Felix adventures), but I think that will be a team used by lots of people since 4th edition and I like to be different; here in Spain very few will have lizardmen minis and why not, I consider lizards one of the best teams (although I'll miss my beloved DE).

please, let me lit your cigar with my breath :grin: Oh... sorry... I burnt your head a bit

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

On 2001-06-26 14:47, Ancalagon wrote:
I need tips, tricks and ways of coaching a lizarmen team... someone can help?
Citadel Journal #44 contains Lizardmen tactics. I don't own it though...

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

I know, I've bougth it, now I'm waiting... hope don't have to wait as much as I'm waiting for those lizard minis

If you love something, let it go. If it doesn’t come back to you, hunt it down and kill it.
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

cf: my post on "first impressions of lizardman team"

You really can't play lizardmen like skaven. They're not skaven, they're lizardmen, and play completely differently. The closest style of play I could describe is a fast chaos-style running game. Block hard and clear a lane with your Saurus, screen off and run the skinks through, from cover, in a flying wedge. AG3 and no pass/catch skills make heavy ball handling difficult so you need to rely on the running game, similarly you have to guard your skinks to minimise the opposition's chances to block them as they only have ST2 and are easy to knock down.

Marcus

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

we are doing a random team draw for our next season tonight and If I get lizards I will be knocking on your door for advice too

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Ancalagon

Marcus: Sorry but I was in Japan when you answered this.

Post by Ancalagon »

Marcus: I know that lizards are different from skavens, in fact I've never played rats so I'm not "contaminated" with it's way of playing. As long as I keep playing lizards I know a few tricks with them; I know that conservative (is that the correct wording?) game works well... I usually wait, while I hit with my saurus untill a hole has been made into op. defense; then put my skinks inside op. field and run to end zone. But I'll change my way of playing as soon as I have a full roster of skinks, then I'll play more "risky".