Ramtut The Third

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

As some people already know, i'm converting some 2ed star players for the 3ed rules. (becuz i 'm not happy with the GW ones, and it's great fun :smile:)I will put the cards up later. Anyways, to the question. I need some suggestions for Ramtut The Third, numbersm cost and skills. Give me some feedback with suggestion and i will be very happy. :smile:

Reason: ''
[b]Against us all.[/b]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay, 2nd edition player conversion is one of my interests with this game.

Ramtut III is a little tough to convert. It all depends on whether you require a star player to be possible when developed from a normal rookie or not.

Lets look at the goods:
a 2nd ed Mummy had the following stats:
Movement 3/Sprint +0/Strength 6/Agility 1/Throwing Skill -1/Cool -1/Armour Value 11
Skills: Mighty Blow (Level 2), Toughness (Level 3), and Tomb Rot
Okay now Ramtut III
Movement 4/Sprint +2/Strength 7/Agility 1/Throwing Skill -1/Cool -1/Armour Value 11
Skills: Block (Level 3), Mighty Blow (Level 2), Toughness (Level 4), and Tomb Rot

Now we grab a 3rd ed Mummy rookie
3/5/1/9 Mighty Blow, Regenerate

1) So Ramtut had an extra point of MA = MA 4
2) He could sprint 2 extra squares, give him Sprint
2) He had an extra point of ST = ST 6
3) He had one extra level of the Toughness skill. The Toughness skill in 2nd was used to subtract from the injury roll so injury rolls against Ramtut III were at -4. Now there is no comparable skill in 4th. So you are left with two possible translations. We assume that 3 Level of Toughness = the 4th edition Regeneration. That leaves you with one point left. I recommend this being translated as AV 10 or giving Ramtut III Stand Firm (which avoids crowd injuries). Either one is about as good as the other, but I prefer the AV 10.
4) Finally, in the category of 2nd edition flavor. Mummies in 2nd had Tomb Rot which which required a 4+ roll to block them amoung other things. So if you wanted Ramtut III to have that 2nd ed flavour, you'd give him Foul Appearance to represent the Tomb Rot.

Thus at the end of the day, I see 4 possible translations:
a) 4/6/1/10 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Block, Sprint, Magic Helmet
b) 4/6/1/9 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Block, Sprint, Stand Firm
c) 4/6/1/10 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Block, Sprint, Foul Appearance, Magic Helmet
d) 4/6/1/9 Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Block, Sprint, Stand Firm, Foul Appearance.

All of these are pretty good/accurate of Ramtut III into 4th edition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2001-06-26 18:05 ]</font>

Prowler
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Prowler »

Fun to have a fellow "Star Player converter" here :wink:

I got two versions of him, the first one is a straight conversion from the 2ed.

4 6 1 10 Block, Regen, Foul App, Sprint, Mighty Blow

It's ok, not very good on the field though...:sad:

The second one is not so much based on his 2ed skills but on his career stats.
So check him out.

Ramtut III - Mummy Blocker
4 6 2 10
Block, Regeneration, Mighty Blow, Break Tackle, Pro
OK, why did i give him these stats?
First off, Ramtut should be able to score tuchdowns and with AG 1 it's not possible.
So first i gave him AG 2, i know it's much for a mummy but it's the only way. (it's not like we can give him big hand :wink:)
And the skills....
I gave him Block and Mighty Blow. It's a fundamental "Fighting Combo", and Ramtut is one dangerus mummy.
And regenration is a must since he's undead.
The fourth skill he got was break tackle, i think this skill fits him perfect. (If) he gets the ball, he can smash is way thru the opposite team with his strenght.
The last skill he got was Pro, i mean, with 3000 years on his neck i'm sure he got some tricks up his sleeve :wink:

So this is the "2K Ramtut" fit for fight

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prowler on 2001-06-26 18:31 ]</font>