All about Dark Elves

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: All about Dark Elves

Post by Smeborg »

The Dazzler wrote:I'm stuggling playing DE in a first attempt with them ( 0 0 3) but they're fun to use and i can see the potential. Close games though
That's the right spirit. DEs like close games and long drives. They make good sport.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

WooHoo!!

I got a Draw to end my losing run with DE ... against Gobbos :lol:

However, i've got the Blitzers up to x 4; 1 of the starting 3 died in the first game and i've been chasing my tail every since. One of them has Dodge/Guard and another Strip Ball

The Runner also threw a Double and although i favour the running game, Strong Arm seemed like a steal although i really just wanted to give him NoS or Pass. Pass next i guess.

No Witches - although i've been using Merc ones with Block; perhaps i should try these with Leap or Tackle/Strip Ball depending?

Line are dieing/injured and being jacked**, like flies. Kick for the first one unless i can get a Guarder.

Hard work/thinking compliments of Plasmoid/Matt

** Actually 4 died or were cut. Perhaps i should just have kept the injured for line fodder rather than rely on Journeymen. I've not started a game yet with > 11 players but i do have the Apoth now

Carpe Nasem
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

If you are experimenting with merc WEs, may I suggest you try Wrestle on them and see what happens?

Smeborg the Fleshless
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

Puts people down 50% of the time and the advantages of Jump Up eh? I'd be slightly nervous of her being on the floor if it wasn't a Merc

Thanks - i'll try that

Carpe Nasem
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

PeteW uses a Wrestle Witch, and he's one of the best coaches in the game, so it can't be all dumb.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

mattgslater wrote:PeteW uses a Wrestle Witch, and he's one of the best coaches in the game, so it can't be all dumb.
Ha ha - i never said it was dumb :D

Would you combine both Block and Wrestle? I've seen it suggested on development/builds before but always thought it a bit extravagant

Carpe Nasem
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Late in development, it's not a bad idea. I lost a game not long ago in some small part because my Wrestle Lineorc got both-downed by a guy without Block, so I took the turnover and he got stunned. I would have had a shot if he'd had Block and my Lineorc was standing in the clear.

Oh, and it's not PeteW, it's our very own Joemanji. Sorry about that. I knew I played some really, really good DE coach with a Wrestle Witch.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=647704

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

The Dazzler wrote:
mattgslater wrote:PeteW uses a Wrestle Witch, and he's one of the best coaches in the game, so it can't be all dumb.
Ha ha - i never said it was dumb :D

Would you combine both Block and Wrestle? I've seen it suggested on development/builds before but always thought it a bit extravagant
As 6th (possibly 5th) skill on some players, not before.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

PeteW did have a wrestle witch but she died.
He set the team up as a Wrestle Sidestep Jump Up experiment, but I guess he found the av7 too much of a liability.
The replacement has gone the usual route of Blodge Sidestep, here is his team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=647742
not a bad record!

Block and Wrestle is fine on a Wardancer as he starts with so many skills he can take it as 3rd skill, I think there are too many other options for DE.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Those Wrestle/SS Linos are pretty cool. I'll do that next time, I think.

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

The Dazzler wrote:I'm stuggling playing DE in a first attempt with them ( 0 0 3) but they're fun to use and i can see the potential. Close games though
DE can struggle in the first couple of games, but after getting some blodge they have a much easier time around. I had one block and one wrestle witch, both were good and useful. Wouldn't take both block and wrestle unless very late in development. Side step, tackle, diving tackle and leap is higher priority and so are doubles (mb/jugger) and stats ofcourse.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

I'm on a roll ...

Drew another and then won against Rats who were waaay above me in the rankings. Team continues to take a battering with Line types dieing like flies - the Blodge/Guard Blitzer (Safety) also has a Smashed Ankle (-1 MV) but i still have 4 Blitzers

Good news is that i now have both W/Es with both just a couple of points away from Block. Yah!!

Runner had Strong Arm - Accurate or Pass next? I only have two RR

Thanks

Carpe Nasem
dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

The Dazzler wrote:I'm on a roll ...

Drew another and then won against Rats who were waaay above me in the rankings. Team continues to take a battering with Line types dieing like flies - the Blodge/Guard Blitzer (Safety) also has a Smashed Ankle (-1 MV) but i still have 4 Blitzers

Good news is that i now have both W/Es with both just a couple of points away from Block. Yah!!

Runner had Strong Arm - Accurate or Pass next? I only have two RR

Thanks
Wouldn't have taken strong arm myself, but definately pass next. Then you free the reroll for the catch.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

I'm regretting taking up the Double (Dodge perhaps unless Agility is standard) and wished i'd just gone for NoS/Pass

Carpe Nasem
Runejack
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Runejack »

So I've a 2,100k Dark Elf team that has only 1 guard player (a 6 AV blitzer with 5 agility, leap, strip, and dodge as well - may retire soon as he's squishy). The only other time I rolled doubles it was 6's. That line elf died quickly. I've just rolled double 4's on my backup runner who already has NoS.

Do I ignore the double to make a defensive/backup runner? (possibly dodge or pass?)

Do I take the double and go guard?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Joel