Looking for good Nurgle resources/advice

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Looking for good Nurgle resources/advice

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

This really makes me wish I had got in the league with Nurgz. Good luck!

Reason: ''
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

First game under my belt and its pretty fair to say my opponent got diced. Playing versus wood elves the nurgle scored two defensive TDs in the first half while obliterating the woodies so they could only field 4 for the second half. Small chance of a consolation score came down to a failed 4+ after their dancer leaped into the cage so the nurgle strode down the pitch and handed it off to a rookie warrior to score. The key rookie players scored big - one rookie warrior on 5, the other on 2, one pest on 6 and the other on 3. Two deaths has given me a couple of free rotters which i'm taking to give me some fouling fodder.

Pro Elves next week followed by quite a bashy stint (Pact, Khorne, Orc, Chorf, Chaos) so will take block on the pest first as i'm in no threat of strip ball or elves nicking the ball if I fail a pick up.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

As promised - an update on how we got on. Finished the season with a 9-4-3 record which was enough to top my division so the team are off to the playoffs. Here is how the team looks now:

Beast:
Warrior: Block/Guard/SF/MB/Claw
Warrior: Block/Guard
Warrior: Block/Dodge (MNG)
Warrior: Block
Pest: Block/MB/Tackle (MNG)
Pest: +AG/Block/-MV
Pest: Block/Dodge
Pest: Block/MB
Rotter: DP
Rotter:
Rotter:
Rotter:

First round of the playoffs is against either pro elves or high elves so the loss of the MNG tackle pest is huge. Will get inducements v either team so a wizard or a saw is likely the way i'll go. I suffered the equal most deaths across the entire league during the season but 7 of them were rotters so *shrug* :D The only big loss was the superstar block beast. The rookie beast cant break armour for toffee though. Will be keeping the AG4 pest until the end of the playoffs then firing him before the start of the next season.

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

After my last match I got a doubles on a rookie rotter. I'm a little low on guard (3 NWs with it), so guard does seem a great choice...except that means on D I will either have to put him on the line or leave him on the bench because nurgle have so many positionals.

On defense I had been benching my block pestigor (though he leveled up after last match so I won't want to now) and then putting my block NW and two rookie rotters on the line with a DP rotter in the back.

If I take guard and play this rotter and the DP rotter that means that with 4 Pests, 4 NW, a Beast, a DP Rotter, and a Guard Rotter I'll be putting some decent players on the D line...

So what do you think? Should I take guard? If I do should I not play him on defense? Or should I take DP to get a second fouler? My next match is the finals so I don't care as much about the long term. :)

My team:

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.We ... lang=en-US

Note that my Beast died 2 matchs ago and I induced one for my last match. I'll either buy a rookie or induce one with a skill for my next match depending on the tv difference...

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

swil - I have always found Guard to be a very good skill on Rotters, especially as Nurgle always seems to be a bit short of the skill.

The life expectancy of a Guard Rotter is even shorter than that of a normal Rotter, but so what.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mhorr »

Hello everyone, I'm starting a new league with a Nurgle team I went for
Beast, 4NW, 1 pestigor,5 rotters and 2RR but just before we start(today) they changed the tv for new teams to 1100, I' be grabbed a 2nd pestigor according to the development plan but... Wouldn't be better to get the 3rd RR just to pay it half the price?

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Mhorr wrote:Hello everyone, I'm starting a new league with a Nurgle team I went for
Beast, 4NW, 1 pestigor,5 rotters and 2RR but just before we start(today) they changed the tv for new teams to 1100, I' be grabbed a 2nd pestigor according to the development plan but... Wouldn't be better to get the 3rd RR just to pay it half the price?
How many games planned in your league?

Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mhorr »

babass wrote:
Mhorr wrote:Hello everyone, I'm starting a new league with a Nurgle team I went for
How many games planned in your league?
It's a short league 9 match.
But I can keep the team in the next one

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I would have started with 3 Pestigors in that case (Just 11 mens still).
As Nurgle are so bloaty I try to get by with 2 re-rolls for a while but starting with 3 RR wouldn't be bad at all.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:I would have started with 3 Pestigors in that case (Just 11 mens still).
As Nurgle are so bloaty I try to get by with 2 re-rolls for a while but starting with 3 RR wouldn't be bad at all.
I am inclined to agree with these suggestions.

I tend to cap RRs for Nurgle at 2, and players at 14.

Pestigors are much more dynamic and resilient than Rotters. You should notice a big improvement in performance when you have 3 Pestigors, so you might as well start that way.

Good luck.

Smeborg the Fleshless
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Conversely pestigors skill easily, and getting SPP on the Warriors is usually the challenge.

The team is definitely an expensive one...but they also do need their rerolls. On a developed team you might still be fielding 3 players without block/wrestle, no sure hands, and no ag4. I tend to cap the team at 4 RRs, but that is for higher TV.

Now, a nine game season is a short one, heck from nurgle perspective even 18 games isn't a lot. So if you want to have a better shot at winning early the pesties will help a lot...

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Salutaitons Readers,

We have a local league running again and I have started Nurgle.
http://leicesterbbleague.com/index.php? ... &obj_id=36

Is it a short 9 games (6 month) season but we can carry on the team into the next season. There is a semi-random MVP system for the first season and I have focused on skilling up Warriors. After two games I have two Warriors with Block and a smattering of SPP's on other players. My plan is to concentrate on core skills Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Sure Hands and one Pestigor taking Wrestle this season.

R1: Win 2-0 vs Wood Elves (Elves need a 6 to catch thanks to Disturbing Presence)
R2: Win 2-0 Vs Humans (Too scared to throw the ball and steam rollered them)

My only concern at the moment is Round 5 vs Skaven who I expect to have 4 Block/Wrestle Gutters by that point. I am thinking of taking Tackle as the first skill on a Pestigore to help take them down? Does anyone have other suggestions for fighting Skaven? I played about 100 games on FUMBBL to practice with the team but Black Box is rather bash heavy.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/