Looking for good Nurgle resources/advice

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Looking for good Nurgle resources/advice

Post by Smeborg »

Hasdru wrote:Thanks to you both.

I'm playing with friends on a Cyanide league (real life making it difficult to meet with any sort of regularity), we don't have set formats, but our leagues tend to last about 20 games before we move to other teams.
After 7 games, my roster currently comprises
- Beast of Nurgle (9 SPP): Stand Firm
- Nurgle Warrior (7 SPP): Block
- Nurgle Warrior (7 SPP): Block
- Nurgle Warrior (6 SPP): Block
- Nurgle Warrior (0 SPP)
- Pestigor (11 SPP): Sure Hands
- Pestigor (6 SPP): Wrestle
- Pestigor (8 SPP): Wrestle
- Pestigor (0 SPP)
- Rotter (12 SPP): Block
- Rotter (5 SPP)
- Rotter (5 SPP, -1AV)
- Rotter (0 SPP)
- Rotter (0 SPP)
2 RR

I've had lucky enough pickup/hand-off rolls to skill up the Pestigors and the Warriors reasonably fast so far; the Beast skilled up yesterday evening :D
It is true that keeping all 4 Warriors out of the LoS on defense usually ends up with 1 of them being somewhat out of the drive for 2 turns while getting back in positions (or more if marked), sticking 2 of them on the LoS will certainly help in this regard!
For the ballcarrier Pest, I was considering Big Hand has a second skill, as the ball routinely ends up on the ground with several tackles zones, or 2 Heads to dodge out when being market by 2+ opponents.
I prefer X-Arms to Big Hand, as it works on the first turn of offense.

I would recommend that you retire the -1AV Rotter. It combines really badly with Decay, it makes him a juicy target, and you risk getting MVPs on him...

Hope that helps.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Hasdru
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hasdru »

Thanks for the advice. I ended up being conservative and getting Block... The Pest is 1 TD away from its 3rd skill, I'm seriously considering 2 Heads.

I agree with you on the AV7 Rotter, it's starting on the bench and serves as a filler when need be. Luckily, it's still at 5 SPP so far, so I'll retire it.
1 Rotter has received its 2nd skill thanks to 2 MVPs and 3 Cas (it's tied with a Warrior for the most violent player of the team :o ) and received Fend.
All in all, the team is developing nicely, with all Warriors having Block, and some getting close to their 2nd skill; 1 Pest now has Wrestle + Fend. Trying to spread the SPP love has costed me a few TDs when Pestigors failed catching a handover 2 turns in a row, but didn't cost me any victory so far, so it's all good.

Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

Don't get any more rotters and fire the -AV one. Also get that 5 spp rotter Dirty Player asap.

enchanter85
Rookie
Rookie

Post by enchanter85 »

I just started a Nurgle in one of our local leagues. I have a warrior who rolled doubles(First skill) do you guys try and use the doubles or just ignore it and go block? The team has a sure hands pestigor and another warrior with block (It's a 2 game team so far) Seasons are normally 10 games + playoffs if we make it and we can play the team for as many seasons as we feel like.

Thanks!

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I ignore doubles on the Warriors. They are content with just normal skills and mutations.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

The only one I might consider is Leader.

Nurgle RR's are expensive, and with AG 3 ball handlers, any reroll is a good reroll. With AV 9 Regen etc, the NW is a very cheap durable RR.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Yeah, but they're so in the thick of it, and while collectively they're tough, being un-Apothable means your one superstud guy is not all that amazingly tough by comparison to "that guy" on other teams. Also, NW skills are in short supply.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nod_Hero »

I need some advice on what to give my star pestigor, Stench Serat, as his next skill. Normal roll, here's the team as it stands:
The other teams in my division are:
Skull Crushers Squad - Ghoulchewer
Limp-Wristed Elf Lords - Bathoz
Dawg Mountain Raiders - Fluidwill
White Faces - Akkedis
Unimaginable Scale - Ruiner
Nuffleheim Forest - Pit Worker
Blight Rush - Kawira

3 rookie teams of skaven, orcs, and humans and veteran teams of lizards, orcs, norse and pro elves.
I lost my first game to the lizards because I tried to spread the spp and a 1 rr 1 on a 2+ catch spilled the ball. My next 4 games are skaven, norse, norse, and humans.

With 5 AG, Block and Sure Hands he's 80% of my offense. Suggestions on what to give him next?

3DB minion, Twitter maniac, Tumblr fan - That's me!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Foul Appearance is possibly thematic and endangers opponents hitting him; but with your Block, Big Hand, Sure Hands, Extra Arms, Two Heads guy an equally (more?) capable offensive player, I'd be tempted to make this guy a ball sacker and dedicate him to safety duties. With that in mind I'd probably go tackle.

Other ideas; two heads would give you a 3+ dodge into a cage for a blitz; with that mobility you might make life difficult with disturbing presence; guard is always useful on a player this mobile.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nod_Hero »

I wouldn't have needed to post if I'd rolled doubles.

The last two seasons there were Strip Ballers on more than half the teams I faced, thus the Sure Hands on both my main runners. I generally run with screen or cage depending on opposing team, but with 5 AG I've passed from time to time but usually only when I didn't have better options.
On defense I use use my warriors and other 2 pestis (usually the 4 ST one) to try to force the spill and use him and my arm/hand guy as threats to recover the ball.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I didn't suggest any doubles. I still think tackle is the way to go, though - an AG5 blackle player with horns is an excellent get out of jail free card if your opponent gets free of the scrum.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

Great looking team; I love the fact that you've got a Jordell Freshbreeze rotter! :D

Anyways, I don't know if there is any one great skill to add on here that will greatly enhance his current role, but maybe a few serviceable options to expand his influence a bit. Tackle seems a decent choice since there are plenty of dodge heavy teams in your league, and could make him more of a safety on defense. Strip Ball could be good here too, especially as 5Ag and Sure Hands means he's likely to scoop the ball up after it's popped loose. Fend and Foul Appearance are decent to keep him safe with the ball. Kick off return is OK to get the offense started. Frenzy could be a useful addition to the team, although there are better suited players for it.

So I don't think there's a very sexy pick here... I think without doubles he's at the point of diminishing returns when adding skills.

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Thought about Big Hand? He can pick it up anywhere then. It's questionable how much value that offers over Extra Arms (as there has to be 2 or more than 2 TZ on the ball to need either, and 3 to get a benefit from BH).

I think in your place, I'd probably go Two Heads. Agility 6 dodges are a wonderful thing, it pretty much renders him unstoppable when dodging for a score. This is great if your opponent has walled off the endzone!

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I'm not sure there is a definitive answer for this monster. Tackle is the obvious conservative choice. 2-Heads and S-Arm are both worth thinking about. So is Pro.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nod_Hero »

So I've narrowed it down to
(attack mode:) Tackle or Two-Heads
(defend mode:) Foul Appearance or Fend.

Long term use I'm favoring Tackle over 2H, not sure which one is better for the defend mode choices. FA or Fend, which do you think helps him survive longer?