Chaos Dwarves Vs. Humans

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

well i am sorry to here of another loss. i assume you ave taken the max CD you can? but have you taken the 2 centaurs you are allowed now? ok, they may cost alot, but with MA6 and sure feet, they may add a little of a running game into your plans. and when they gain break tackle they should be able to cause alot of problemss for any defence.
i had similiar problems withmy high elf team, and have gone as far as starting them again. ok, i loose alot of money and experience, buthave bought in a different line up. i tried the tactic of buying all line-elves first to build them up, buying positions in later, but that failed BIG TIME. now with afew blitzers, a thrower and a catcher to start of with (but without all those lovely re-rolls), they have started winning...but still i am lucky to have 7 elves left on the pitch (I HATE NORSE TEAMS!!!!!!).
if i was starting a chaos dwarf team, i would buy in this lot
2 bull centaurs=260,000
5 chaos dwarves=350,000
6 hobgoblins=240,000
2 re-rolls=100,000
5 fan factor=50,000
i dont know how different this is from your team, but with the skills choas dwarf teams start with they should be able to go toe-to-toe with an experiene team straight off. plus the added bonus of handicap rolls, you should gain skills and cash fast ( i hope). just an idea my friend that i believe will work for you

Reason: ''
Sneaky Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sneaky Rat »

Well, my team rating is already 172, and alot of my lads have good skills already. I have a couple of dwarves with dodge, and gaurd. I have one with mighty blow and gaurd. I have 4 hobos with block now, one of those with dodge, 2 with sure hands. What seems to be my biggest problem is that my opponents always smash my dwarves with gaurd down, even when they are all gaurding each other, and then they can just dance around the field smashing my hobos and my unexperienced dwarves. I have 3 good dwarves and 3 that haven't even gotten one star player roll. On top of this, i have 7 rerolls because they are so cheap for CD's. I made a grand total of 30,000 last night, so i can't buy anything for at least a few more games. I think i will try to buy a bull centaur as soon as i can, because i have no idea what else to do with this team lol.

Now do you believe that dead rats still float?
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

To echo Renuvin, I definitely wouldn't start a CD team without Centaurs.

Hey TiMuN are you going to offer a few pearls of your wisdom here.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

wow, people are starting to like what i say here...something must be in the beer :smile:

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Bull Centaur is a must for Chaos dwarf, I'm playing that team in the PBEM,a nd i'll be looking to get a second asap.

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Sneaky Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sneaky Rat »

Do you people think gaurd was a good skill for the dwarves? i kinda figured since they can't really move to give assists, this was the next best thing. Anythoughts on skills for the 3 dwarves that haven't gone up even thought they have been through 8 games? lol

Now do you believe that dead rats still float?
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Guard is good for those that your using on the line but don't forget mighty blow, and if you rolla double consider diving tackle. works well against those pesky catchers trying to sneak past. Or Stand firm, good if you need to make a risk free dodge.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Jump Up on a double as with your low movement and thick skull it is a sure way of getting back into the fight quickly

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Jump Up is now an agility trait, so that's a no go. I'd go Stand Firm on a double, useful with Guard and it allows a 50/50 'free' dodge, which is always useful with dwarves.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Sorry, forgot you're playing modified 3rd.
One question..
<font size="7" color="red"><b>WHY???</b></font>

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

oops missed that one, no worries haven't given it to anyone lately so no damage done.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I'm a little worried that you dont' have BCs on your team. Bighats struggle without Bull Centaurs as they are the only thing that allow you to recover initiative once it's lost.

From what you were saying earlier it seems that you can't get the hits in against his front line to stop him weathering the attack and countering with his heavy hitters. Once you do that your bighats are all on the ground and you have nothing to stop him from steamrolling your hobgobs.

I suggest getting the Bull Centaurs in and using your guarding bighats to support a block and blitz down the hashmarks then screening off a lane, keeping as few players in base to base contact as possible. Your BCs will be leading the charge, blitzing out players as necessary.

Score quickly, 3-4 turns at most. A hard hitting human team will have you outmanoeuvred and outgunned fairly quickly. Don't get tanged up in a blocking war as you can only involve your bighats and you will quickly find them all tied up. Bighats should be supporting the first turn of the drive then screening the hashmarks ready for a hobgob/BC flying wedge down the sidelines.

On defence, make sure you have a hobgoblin with kick and kick deep to the weak side, keep your bull centaurs in the widezones and your hobgoblins back as safeties. This way you can rapidly charge down the thrower while keeping his recievers heavily marked.

Oh, and a hobgoblin with dirty player never hurts either. Even if you never use him it puts the fear of god into opposition catchers.

Marcus

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Welcome Marcus (150th poster) and what an opening post, all sound stuff. keep it up!

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Its all very nice an all to get that early touchdown in 3-4 turns. But remember you've handed the ball back to them with 4 - 5 turns to equalize. Even if they do score before the end of the half, it gives you little time for possession to go into half-time in the lead. then the second half starts with the opposition in control. Humans have no problem in scoring in two turns with a decent catcher and thrower. If i was playing i'd be very tempted to let you score that early touchdown, in the hope that this would prevent your boys doing me too much damage, and i'd still have a full roster to go at you with the ball. I personally thinks the Bighats are well suited to tough front line scrimmaging. Add Guard as their first skill and you've got a mighty impressive blocking line-up. I'll be using my bighats to try and take out as many of the opposition as possible, and the Bull Centaurs will be my scoring and Blitzing machines. I particularly like using them to put pressure on the ball carriers. I am even quite happy to let teams pass from deep within their own half to prevent me turning them over with my Bull. This means they have had to get the ball of early probably on a long bomb if they want to try to score, or on a short pass if he's trying to get it to a better ball carrier, then he's still in the open for the Bull to pounce, and now within range of my Blockers.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

maybe we playing 3rd ED because......we prefer it to 4th in general.
some rules are good so we take some but not all the 4th ED. they try to evolve 3rd ED but i think it is not a success..(own opinion).

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/