Chaos Dwarves Vs. Humans

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Sneaky Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sneaky Rat »

I have a fairly big game(as far as bragging rights)coming up against a human team. I just started playing chaos dwarves and i am kinda shaky about how to set up, on offence and defence. Is it a good idea to stack all the dwarves on the line and leave the hobgoblins back? Should i let them have the outside and just hold the hobos back in a pit of blood technique on defence? I have no bull centaurs on my team, just hobos and chaos dwarves. A couple of hobos have surehands and block, but otherwise they are unskilled. As far as the dwarves, a couple have gaurd, but thats about it. Any suggestions would be appretiated :smile:

Reason: ''
Now do you believe that dead rats still float?
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I just played a match CD-H and it ended up in desaster for the CD (which was my team). They were beaten up. So, I lost because he had beaten my armour 6 times with the following results, 1 Badly hurt. 3 NI's (one -1 Av, one -1 Move), 1 SI'd and 1 killed. It was amazing, when he penetrated my av 9, he automatically injured me. It was too much. Still I believe that it should be carnage. Keep on hitting his players, Normally, his av 8 shouldn't help him enough to stand a real fight. So, try to make it a total brawl and you stand a good chance of winning.

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I just played a match CD-H and it ended up in desaster for the CD (which was my team). They were beaten up. So, I lost because he had beaten my armour 6 times with the following results, 1 Badly hurt. 3 NI's (one -1 Av, one -1 Move), 1 SI'd and 1 killed. It was amazing, when he penetrated my av 9, he automatically injured me. It was too much. Still I believe that it should be carnage. Keep on hitting his players, Normally, his av 8 shouldn't help him enough to stand a real fight. So, try to make it a total brawl and you stand a good chance of winning.

Lucy
:smoking:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Princelucianus on 2002-02-11 09:26 ]</font>

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

What kind of Human team does he have?
what is in there?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Sneaky Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sneaky Rat »

His Humans are mostly built for fighting. Lots of blitzers, several linemen with block. He has several with mighty blow too. He also has Mighty Zug. Only one catcher and thrower. He only has one man with gaurd, but he likes to stack the line of scrimage and i have no ides how to get past his line. I am thinking i should maybe just put three hobos on the line, let them take the pain from turn one, and then try to bate him into the middle to put tackle zones on some of my dwarves. Hopefully it will leave a side open, but his team is so fast, i am not sure how to move the ball on him. Even if i form a pocket of dwarves and try to plod slowly up with them I still don't think i can get past Zug and those blitzers. I don't like to pass without catch, especialy against a fast human team that is sure to have at least one chance to intercept. If the ball gets intercepted he pretty much has the score because my men are so slow. Anyways, any advice would be appretiated.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

what i propose is kill that catcher with one of your dwarf in deep defence.
take your other dwarves on frontline, loosing hobbo is not a good point, dwarves are better in fight and AV.
and try to make a break with your block hobb and your surehand to protect the ball, some others near of them to put tackle zone.
buy a bull centaure or a Mino...

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I agree that the best way to deal with these awkward teams is to absolutely murder their weakest players, and the rest of the team for that matter.

always a good strategy, just forget about scoring and murder the opposition, after all you will meet them again later in the season/cup games. You will also have the advantage of surprise next time as they will not be sure if you mean to score or hurt 'em.

It works for dwarves/CD and Undead and Dark Elves. Everyone really except probably Wood Elves due to their expenses and weakness

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

and skavens...

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

Oh yeah I forget about the sneaky rats (no offence Sneaky Rat) and their cunning warpstone inspired strategies.

feed it to them until they explode if you ask me.

Sneaky Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sneaky Rat »

You think it is a good idea to try to have my dwarves stand up to such a tough line? I have the feeling that he will knock my dvarves on there butts the first turn and keep them there till they score :sad: I know dwarves can't dodge, but i almost think it is best to stay away from Zug and his blitzers. The big problem i guess is that i am so used to skaven that i am not sure how to win with a slow team. I played against him once before and he crushed me with his line. He just knocked the dvarves down and then grabbed the ball and scored. Once my dwarves are limited to only one of them blocking per turn because they have to stand up, the hobos just don't cut it against the speed of his catchers. Maybe i just can't get good rolls, or he gets great ones, but i only got the ball on his side of the field once last time we played, so i am leary of using the same tactics again.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

I take it from the constant Zug menace that you are not playing BB2K1, as he should be off-roster now. In any case - No fear should be your motto. Who cares if he scores this match as long as you kill a couple of his team to make it easier next time. A long term softening approach is how I would go about it. just Weight your LOS to one side and allow him to move upfield a bit, then tie him up with HG tackle zones and hurt whatever you can. Lateral thinking is superb in BB.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Let him loose his time and strengh against your 'hard to sent out' dwarves.
See it like that: if he stays in contact with, the difference of MA and AG doesnt matter and dont forget you have block, AV9 and a strong head :smile:
and run a little cage with your hobbo's

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

if your worried about him knocking all your dwarves down, give them stand firm if they roll a double. with block he has a 1 in 3 chance of knocking you over BUT they stay in their square, and a 1 in 2 chance of you stainding exactly where you are . i would like to see even zug move past 2 dwarves with stand firm, especially if they have guard. if he is using zug to forma hole to run through, the 2 dwarves with S.F.set up infront of him will stillmean 1 dwarf standing there to guard the line with his tackle skill. and a defensive line 2 deep in a sort of checker board pattern WILL stop him enough for you to take control
........ch..ch..ch..ch........
......hg..hg..hg..hg..hg.....
..hg..........................hg..
with this type of set up, he may run down the sidelines, but your middle hobbos can just run dwon the stop him. this will give your C. dwarves enough time deal with his hard hitters and then play lateral. hope it helps, and works :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: renuvin on 2002-02-16 04:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: renuvin on 2002-02-16 04:08 ]</font>

Sneaky Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sneaky Rat »

Zug is a problem, but not a huge one. We don't play BB2k1 rules, we play a modified 3rd ed rules. I don't have any games before i play his humans, so gaining stand firm isn't an option. I do like the defencive patern Renuvin suggested. I really need to win this game. Even if i took some losses it would be ok if i win. I think i may try to keep him tied up in the first half and then try to recive and score in the second. If i force him to stay on the inside, i think i have a chance. He is incrediby paranoid about leaving a player on the edge of the field, so it is usually leaves a bit of a lane to run through on the outside. The game is tomorrow, so any last minute advice would be very helpful. Keep in mind he is a chaos coach coaching a human team lol. He trys to hurt first and score second, and he is usually very good at it, even with the weaker humans. Thanks for all the advice :smile:

Sneaky Rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sneaky Rat »

Well, the game is over...lets just say it was not the thing of beauty i was hoping for. He recieved, and badly hurt 2 of my chaos dwarves before i even had a turn. By the end of the half it was 2-0 and i had 6 men on the pitch. At games end it was 5-1, and i had 4 men on the pitch...A sad day for chaos dwarf kind. Maybe i just had a bad night again, but it seems like my chaos dwarves took lessons from gutter runners...they break as easy as one and inflicted a grand total of one, count it, one stuning the whole game. No KOs, and no casulties. Even my hobos did better than that, and i used 6 of my 7 rerolls in both halves on dwarves who still managed to fail misserably, against the odds, ie roll 2 skulls, then reroll and repeat. Ok, maybe i am just ranting lol, but i am so frustrated with this team. They are intact and will be fine for next game, but they give up so so many points and do absolutly nothing to the opposition. Does anyone play a CD team and win more than half the time? maybe let me know how to play against an orc team, cause his humans are basicly set up to be one. I swear i will knock the pointy hats off their heads if those dwarves ever mess up this bad again lol.