Team advice for mini league

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Team advice for mini league

Post by El_Jairo »

I can understand that Lizzies do well if they succeed in screening the skinks. But you can't play without blocking or picking up the ball, so you need some degree of luck.
Their biggest weakness is being that their sauri get tied up while your skinks are fumbbling the ball.
Maybe I haven't played many experienced Lizzi players but I have seen plenty skinks, dodge or gfi themselves off the pitch.
So basically 3 TRR would be the minimum for me, as you lack any basics skills, bar dodge.

The wood elves seem very annoying too. If all your friends know is bashing, that super fast elves will be annoying. A strip-ball dancer and some catchers is all you need to give them headaches. Maybe a tree to keep bashers busy but the prospect of claw doesn't sound like a good investment.
Point about tackle on dwarves is that they only move 4. Just keep them away or mark them with a line-elf.
About disturbing pressence: you should be able to outrun the pestigors once you have made a hole in their line. With leap you can simply jump over them, as they lack tackle...

The point with elves is that they can score with 6 players, so you shouldn't worry too much about players off the pitch. Just keep dodging away after all important stuff happened in the turn. If you give them only 3 blocks a turn, gaining the numbers game is that much harder.
And as I type it: rather suffer a CAS from failed dodge or GFI, as you aren't giving away SPP.

Another good thing is: if you are the only agile team, other teams won't pick skills like tackle that much. Guard is a lot more usefull vs other teams.

Reason: ''