Cyanide releases their Khorne Roster

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Cyanide releases their Khorne Roster

Post by Smeborg »

Frenzy wrote:Just want to say this thread has been invaluable to me while developing my Khorne team. I'm going to go with Wrestle on my Pit Fighters even though everybody and their brother has told me Block would be better.

Keep the fantastic info coming and I'll be sure to let you know how my Khorne team progresses.
Frenzy - be sure to let us know how you get on. It's early days with this team, and there's still much to learn.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Frenzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frenzy »

Out of curiosity, what pieces do people use for their Khorne team in table top? Or is this team not really making it into the table top world just yet?

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Frenzy wrote:Out of curiosity, what pieces do people use for their Khorne team in table top? Or is this team not really making it into the table top world just yet?
My figurines are largely "cheats" based around my Nurgle team.

For the Bloodthirster, I recently found a GW Demon Prince (I think that's what it was called). Quite tall, but fits well onto the board, he is tall enough that his arms etc. do not hit most other figurines. He poses well on 1 leg. Plastic, hence no weight problems. Not yet painted (I am not a painter).

For the Heralds, I have some old GW Bloodletters (I think that's what they're called) which my son converted and painted (originally we used them in the 4th Ed. or Gold Ed. Khorne Demon team). They look the part, red and Horny.

For the Bloodletters, I am just using my GW Pestigors. Quite good, in that they look "unfrenzied". And at least they have Horns.

For the Pit Fighters, I am using GW Rotters, they work quite well. If I were starting to build the team from scratch with different figurines, I would start with the Pit Fighters - I think they would be the most difficult figurines to find, and they establish the character of the team. Some of the old Mordheim Pit Fighters might be interesting, probably not easy to get now. I guess you have to pick between "Pit Fighter" and "Cultist" for the general look.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Frenzy wrote:Out of curiosity, what pieces do people use for their Khorne team in table top? Or is this team not really making it into the table top world just yet?
Soon, it will most decidedly have made it:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mk18 ... miniatures

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

There is a thread with a load of examples on. Will link it when I am allowed to search again... silly forum rules :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

sann0638 wrote:Will link it when I am allowed to search again... silly forum rules :)
???? ???? ???? ???? ????

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I had searched a minute before, and you can't search too often.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

sann0638 wrote:I had searched a minute before, and you can't search too often.
I'm searching for a response here... ... ...

"Bollocks!"

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Here it is! One of my favourite puns, too... http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 23&t=37131

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Frenzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frenzy »

Very good suggestions for pieces! I really like that Indigogo team that was linked. I'll have to keep an eye out for when they go on sale. I am looking forward to more teams being made specifically for Khorne. For now, though, I will continue to use my makeshift team.

I have a developmental question. This is my team at the moment:

Bloodthirster: Mighty Blow, Stand Firm
Bloodletter: Block, Dodge
Bloodletter: Block
Bloodletter: -
Bloodletter: -
Herald: Block
Herald: -
Pitfighter: Wrestle
Pitfighter: Leader
Pitfighter: -
Pitfighter:-

Obviously, my team is still light on skills, but I'm curious as to how to build from here. My Pitfighters are all going Wrestle and I was thinking of going Block/Guard on the Heralds. I see a lot of you went a different direction with them. Why? Bloodletter's next skill is Guard, clearly. And the Bloodletters... I want to make one killer, ball handler, and maybe a general support piece.

Any thoughts, recommendations, and opinions are welcomed. I'm enjoying playing the team so much that I just want to discuss it with anyone who will give me the time of day.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

I played in a TV1750 competition with Khorne, I built my Bloodletters as:
Block, Dodge, Guard x 2
Block, Mighty Blow, Tackle
Block, Dodge, +AG

Obviously you can't pick the AG, but Sure Hands would suffice. The GAS access allows Blodge + Guard on normal rolls, which is amazing.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Frenzy - I would build a Bloodletter with Block, Dodge, Sure Hands to be the team's Runner. On the other players I would suggest:

Block, Dodge, Guard on the other 3 Bloodletters.

Block, M-Blow on the Heralds (they are often out of position because of Frenzy, I suggest M-Blow is more effective on them than Guard, you need more than the Bloodthirster against developed bash teams).

Wrestle+Dauntless is outstanding on Pit Fighters. I would try and get Wrestle on the Leader as soon as you can, he is weak without it, and a vulnerable point in the team. I would forget about ball-handling skills on the Pit Fighters.

For the Bloodthirster, Guard as 3rd skill. You should find with his Guard and (say) 2 Bloodletters with Guard that the team becomes noticeably stronger in the scrum.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless