Rookie in need of help to beat veterain

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I play BB with my cousin nearly every night. But i seem to always lose or if i do win i win by 1 touch-down.
I play as skaven and have tried using my gutter runners as my main tactic and i was wondering if there was a good tactic i could use to get my lineman and rat ogre more involved

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Check out the tactics library at:
http://www.midgardbb.com/Tactics/BBTactics.html

You might find some helpful hints.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Also check out CJ48 pages on tactics, not bad for a few ideas.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

First thing you need to do is have some idea of how he's beating you. People could offer you 101 ways to play but unless they relate to your own gaming experience they won't really help you much.

Things you should look for:

* Is he pounding on your players, causing lots of casualties or is he flying past scoring rapidly?

* When he kicks to you does he turn you over quickly in your half or after you've driven downfield a bit?

* Are your scorelines generally low and close (1-0, 2-1, 2-0) or are they higher scoring games (3-0, 4-1, 4-0)

If you can get some impression of how he's winning the game that would be the first step in improving your game and helping the forum give you advice.

Off the cuff here are some general tips for linerats and rat ogres I would recommend.

Keep your linerats out of base-to-base contact to avoid getting them hit. Usually it's better to do this with a 1 die block rather than a dodge, skaven have a speed advantage against almost every team and keeping players on the ground magnifies this speed advantage (of course, don't make your 1 die blocks until the end of the turn when you've already done your crucial plays)

Even a linerat with no skills still has tacklezones, make use of your speed to isolate areas of the pitch with nets of tacklezones.

Hard to tell you how to play your ratogre without knowing what wild animal rules you're using, generally they're best for busting open the corner of the cage or hitting the outside linebackers on an offensive drive. If the rules you're using don't force them to make a block, don't make one unless it's necessary to the play of the turn, ratogres will turn you over as often as not.

Marcus