(Un-)Living NecroTacticum: Necros vs the world of Blood Bowl

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: (Un-)Living NecroTacticum: Undead vs the world of Blood

Post by Digger Goreman »

MKL wrote:On the Werewolves strenghts you forgot Claws :wink:

And I can add: crowd-surfing.
Frenzy+Ma8 can spring many a surprise on a careless oppponent, especially with a Golem's help.
Good point!

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Another great trick, of course, is to laterally block an opponent to a point where a wolf can blitz them out.... :orc:

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

do you run strip ball on the WW's? do you go with mighty blow if you get doubles on the WW's?

are the ghouls necessary or is it better to use the WW and wights to score?

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

I wouldn't take strip ball on a WW. I definitely would take MB on doubles, and PO if you get a second.

You'll find that ghouls and WWs tend to accumulate a lot of SPP from TDs and CAS respectively so when possible you want to score with FGs or Wights.

I think that making a WW your primary ball carrier hurts the team overall, much like Chaos doing the same with Warriors.

The WWs need to be your blitzers - and if you can imagine say a frenzy/claw/blodge/MB/PO/SS/JU player with MV8 they are indeed powerful blitzers...

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Mighty blow - yes, Piling on - not really, Its very limited as to when you can use it as really dont want to put a piece like that on the ground, same reason you wouldnt give the wolf wrestle.

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Maverick wrote:Mighty blow - yes, Piling on - not really, Its very limited as to when you can use it as really dont want to put a piece like that on the ground, same reason you wouldnt give the wolf wrestle.
You'll generally want to use PO aggressively. With the Claw/MB/PO combination you'll have the best killer in the game, and with JU a regular role you'll mitigate most of the drawback of PO.

You do have to plan to protect your downed wolf, you'll want some of your own players around him so he isn't easy to foul, but since he is actually more likely to take players off the pitch then not with the skill combo, the effect on the war of attrition will be profound. And with the movement on a wolf you'll often find that you are taking out your opponent's better players while they are taking out your zombies, at least if you position well.

On my long running necro team I had a wolf with MB/PO/SS/JU/Dodge/Block who led me to 4 straight finals wins - netting playoff MVP in three of those runs...

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

I had one Werewolf, in the history of my playing, that scored doubles on the first two skill ups: MiB + Juggs was the best two skill combo EVER!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Bumping the thread a little....

Spent time reading articles on Fumbbl and BBTactics.com.... Picked up a few pointers and feel that anyone could benefit from articles and Necro/Undead/Khemri/Vampire advice on the two sites... sometimes generic and basic but excellent platforms to launch from.... I would recommend both....

Painted my two journey zeds (positions 7 & 8 on my roster) and realized that I have finally painted all the primary minis for my Necro and Undead teams! How the nuffle did THAT happen?! :orc: Now to do the positionals for my Khemri... ugh, and one day start the Vamps.... Not to mention support minis and star players.... Keeps me busy....

We are restarting a league and looks like my idea for evening the agility vs "bash" dichotomy might get a try :D In essence, instead of worrying about the sleaze of easy elf (et al) avoidance vs having to play to destroy them solely... just score them at the two mainstays of BB: TDs and CAS.... So, 3 team points for a TD and 2 for each casualty to make the score! Played a test game last Sunday, Chaos Pact vs Undead and the normally ugly win for the Undead (2-1; 0-4 CAS) would actually be a win for the CP team (11-6).... Despite the win actually being a loss, I think it really reflects how the game evolved and really was a win for the Pact....

We will try it out in combination with a ladder format and see what happens over time....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Seems we will not properly restart, so no new scoring scheme...

D wanted to experience coaching Necros, so took a second game, 1 each wolf n ghoul, 2 wight, 7 zed (2 j-zed) 970k team against my new 970k Undead (3 zed, 2 skelly, 2 ghouls, full wights and mummies)....

D seemingly tried to play like an elf, holding the ball deep with a ghoul while seeking a passing target.... Though it cost me both ghouls (one ko and one bh), I kept knocking down, stunning, fouling and injuring (dude made ALL 5 regens) potential receivers till his ghoul had to advance.... My team then surprised me by managing a dodge and four total gfi to blitz down his ball carrier, though it did cost a reroll just to get a double down but his ghoul ko'ed.... Non blitzing wight scoops the ball and cruises in for 1-0 at the half....

Second half was golden though my returned ghoul fumbled the quick pass and turned the sweep into a scrum.... By the end or three quarters play, we each had half a team, but his were all zeds and my two ejections had both caused casualties as well as getting a casualty from each mummy....

One wight hands off to another and the zeds can only admire his speed....

A good and lucky day with a 2-0 (12-2) total thrashing of the Necros....

His lone wolf gets the mvp and mighty blow (yikes!), and my lucky zed gets 6+5.... That could be amusing....

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Undead are probably the best team for a TT league.
I recommend 2 mummys, 2 wights, 3 ghouls, 4 zombies, 3 RR.
All you ever need to add is some reserve zombies and a skeleton up to 13/14 players.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Undead is terribly mini-maxed to say the least.... I agreed/agree with past proposals to elim them (as well as any dwelf teams, etc.) or modify the team by applying loner on the Mumms and taking a couple of ghouls away... all theory bowl, of course....

Give skellies to the Necros and elim the Undead and Khemri and I would barely bat an eye.....

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Digger Goreman wrote:I had one Werewolf, in the history of my playing, that scored doubles on the first two skill ups: MiB + Juggs was the best two skill combo EVER!
Digger - I have never had the luxury of a 2 doubles Werewolf. However, I support your idea of M-Blow+Jugs as being the best pick (better than M-Blow+P-On). I like my puppies to remain standing, and the extra crowd-surfing possibilities (and knockdowns) that come from Frenzy+Jugs are lovely.

Just because a player can become a ClawPoMBer does not mean it is the best pick for him. As a (distant) analogy, I develop Underworld Storm Vermin: Guard, M-Blow, Claw (not: M-Blow, Claw, P-On), because that is what suits the team.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Clawpomb is hands down the best thing for a 2 doubles guy! Seriously. 1 million percent!

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

ClPoMb is incredibly effective on a wolf, especially if paired with JU.

I rode two CLPoMb wolves to 4 straight titles in my league.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

swilhelm73 wrote:ClPoMb is incredibly effective on a wolf, especially if paired with JU.

I rode two CLPoMb wolves to 4 straight titles in my league.
Jimmy Fantastic wrote:Clawpomb is hands down the best thing for a 2 doubles guy! Seriously. 1 million percent!
not sure I agree with the above, but what progression do you use? do you put the Jump Up on first?