Help with Humans

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Help with Humans

Post by mattgslater »

dode74 wrote:
+AG or Guard
How is that ever an option? :lol:
To err is Human.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Overhamsteren
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Overhamsteren »

You guys need to get into treatment for your guard addiction. :o

there is Nuffle, always in my lawn
peering through my keyhole
wanting to touch my low hanging fruit
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Overhamsteren wrote:You guys need to get into treatment for your guard addiction. :o
You have to try it. Trust me :smoking:

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Overhamsteren
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Overhamsteren »

Linking to 3 blitzers without guard: Fail.

there is Nuffle, always in my lawn
peering through my keyhole
wanting to touch my low hanging fruit
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Overhamsteren wrote:Linking to 3 blitzers without guard: Fail.
Did you see the line squad? Besides, two of those Blitzers will have Guard shortly.

gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

MB on blitzer - i normally aim to have at least 1 MB tackler supported by 2-3 guard blitzers.

Consider Dauntless on the Catcher - he can become a dauntless wrestler.

Guard on lino.

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Depends on the length of the league for the catcher - Ma longer league, guard shorter league.

Blitzer - Guard for me. The first 2 to skill up should get guard imo, then you can get a MB one.

Lino - no brainer.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Mighty Blow the blitzer (useful with Slann Catchers and almost any norse, and would help him to further progress)

MA to catcher (humans are so mediocre that need almost any stat increase)

Guard to the Lineman (because is necessary with humans, as many as you could have)

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

So after 4 games my team is 3-1. My thrower received a strength boost that I'm quite excited about. I have 240k that I built up and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I'm thinking about buying another thrower and 2 catchers. I'm also interested in another reroll. What do you guys think I should do with the money. It might be a good idea to cut and re-buy the lineman who lost an AV. Any help is appreciated.

My Team:
Ogre
Blitzer - Mighty Blow
Blitzer
Blitzer
Blitzer - Guard
Catcher - +MA
Thrower - +ST
Lineman - Guard
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman - -AV
3 Rerolls
1 Apoth

neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neverworking »

Its time to move beyond an 11 man roster, but I would not exhaust your funds either as you want to always be able to replace a key player if one gets ruined or killed. Let nature take its course on your AV7 lineman or at least wait until you have more cash and a couple of players on the bench. Personally I prefer to wait until my first catcher has block (and possibly side step) before adding a 2nd one, then trying hard to get the new catcher 2TDs quickly.

I would go ahead and buy a 2nd thrower and probably a 5th lineman and keep 120k in the bank for now, adding a catcher after the current one gets block and you have more cash. I find my human team handles pretty good with 3RRs, but at 50k in TV they are good value. I just think in the short term your money is better spent on bodies. Since one of my lineman usually ends up with kick, and its not uncommon for another one to get KO'd, I want at least 5 so there are always 3 to go on the LOS. If your AV7 lineman does level before he takes another serious injury, make him a dirty player and he'll get ejected before the armor break comes into play most of the time (depending on your play style and the atmosphere of the league on the topic of fouling). I would cut him if he takes another injury though or you get a deeper pile of cash.

I'd develop the current thrower as a defender/runner and the new thrower as more traditional thrower.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

MB/strip ball/Guard
+MA
Guard

One guard is easier to knock away... two not so easy.... Strip Ball is great early and lame later as people compensate with Sure Hands... MB is a crowd pleaser....

If you really want to make your plays, Guard on the Blitzer, then blitz him into positions to aid your linemen that are doing the journeywork....

In the past a friend took Stand Firm on his Catchers... DAMNED IRRITATING :pissed:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

SlaunRew wrote:So after 4 games my team is 3-1. My thrower received a strength boost that I'm quite excited about. I have 240k that I built up and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I'm thinking about buying another thrower and 2 catchers. I'm also interested in another reroll. What do you guys think I should do with the money. It might be a good idea to cut and re-buy the lineman who lost an AV. Any help is appreciated.

My Team:
Ogre
Blitzer - Mighty Blow
Blitzer
Blitzer
Blitzer - Guard
Catcher - +MA
Thrower - +ST
Lineman - Guard
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman - -AV
3 Rerolls
1 Apoth
What would be your next opponents rosters and tv ?

In any case, 1 catcher is enough (2 is too much), and with your strengh4 thrower you should definitly play a running-play...

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

neverworking wrote:Its time to move beyond an 11 man roster, but I would not exhaust your funds either as you want to always be able to replace a key player if one gets ruined or killed. Let nature take its course on your AV7 lineman or at least wait until you have more cash and a couple of players on the bench. Personally I prefer to wait until my first catcher has block (and possibly side step) before adding a 2nd one, then trying hard to get the new catcher 2TDs quickly.

I would go ahead and buy a 2nd thrower and probably a 5th lineman and keep 120k in the bank for now, adding a catcher after the current one gets block and you have more cash. I find my human team handles pretty good with 3RRs, but at 50k in TV they are good value. I just think in the short term your money is better spent on bodies. Since one of my lineman usually ends up with kick, and its not uncommon for another one to get KO'd, I want at least 5 so there are always 3 to go on the LOS. If your AV7 lineman does level before he takes another serious injury, make him a dirty player and he'll get ejected before the armor break comes into play most of the time (depending on your play style and the atmosphere of the league on the topic of fouling). I would cut him if he takes another injury though or you get a deeper pile of cash.

I'd develop the current thrower as a defender/runner and the new thrower as more traditional thrower.
I'm definitely going to buy my second thrower but I'm not looking to add any other lineman to the team. I only need two lineman for the line as the Ogre is always up front for me. I like your idea of giving my AV7 lineman dirty player if he gets a level.

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

babass wrote:What would be your next opponents rosters and tv ?

In any case, 1 catcher is enough (2 is too much), and with your strengh4 thrower you should definitly play a running-play...
My next 3 opponents are Skaven, Slann and Norse. Their team values are in the 1200 - 1300 range. I'm most concerned about the Norse team as they dealt me my only loss.

I'm planning to run this team with 4 catchers. I don't like their ST or AV but I find their speed to be quite useful. I don't want to buy them all at once as I want them to gain one skill before the next is hired.

Right now I'm leaning towards hiring the second Thrower and a Catcher. I don't think I'll buy a fourth reroll yet so that will leave me with 100k.