Bull Centaur Doubles

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Bull Centaur Doubles

Post by swilhelm73 »

So my Bull Centaur ball carrier who has

6/4/3/9: Sprint, SF, Thick Skull, Dodge, +AG, Block, SH

rolled...a doubles! I was really hoping for a stat increase, but I got a 1+1 instead.

I almost never pass, so out of the options that I can think of

JU: but with ST4+blodge he doesn't go down that often.
SS: but it isn't that much better then SF and costs 10k more
Leader: it would save me 40k as I could drop a RR

if I don't take a doubles skill then I could see:

Fend: He is a ball carrier
Kick: Have to put it on someone
Tackle: He can get more places then the dwarves, but it would probably make more sense on my other BC
BT: Only +1 on dodges since he is ag3
Guard: Though I have 5 dwarves and a Mino with guard...
SF: Also probably better on the Mino or maybe the other BC if I take Frenzy on him

Thoughts? My remaining 4 matches are Orcs, DE, Norse (currently a big concern in terms of taking damage), Undead

My team:

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.We ... lang=en-US

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Bull Centaur Doubles

Post by Smeborg »

I would consider Sidestep, although I might just take Break Tackle and ignore the double (on the basis that being able to dodge on a 2+ is very valuable).

All the best, let us know how the Bull gets on.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Vs Norse, if that's your concern... Sidestep, I'd say

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Though Smeborg's break tackle suggestion is doubtlessly a goodie. Certainly it combines very well with dodge.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Jump up! Take jump up.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

This is a really tough one. He won't be getting another skilled for 100 SPPs, so this choice needs to 'complete' him. If it wasn't for the AG+ I would say take the Break Tackle as mobility is the most important thing for Bull Centaurs. Without that they are just Black Orcs that cost 50K extra. :( But in this case Side Step is really tempting. ST4, Blodge and SS? That is pretty scary. Much more scary than a 16% increase in making a dodge roll.

I think this is too marginal a decision for anyone but the coach, as he knows his play style.

But I would say that Kick/Tackle definitely not as they can go / already are elsewhere. Hogbobs are the place for mobile Tackle as they lack good skill options. Bulls are the stars of this team, utility skills such as Leader should go on another player. Fend obviously not unless you play in FUMBBL BlackBox. Stand Firm no as SS is more threatening. Guard possibly.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
CoolIRL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoolIRL »

I'm no pro, but with Dodge and Agil 3, I don't think break tackle is as essential for a BC.

I think I'd go with Sidestep.

Usually break tackle is the first skill I take with BCs... was +Agil your first roll?

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Sidestep is better than Stand Firm, especially on a Blodge Ballcarrier; Block me and you have just pushed me one step closer to your endzone! It is also not negated by Juggernaught, and it's more flexible on the sidelines unless the opponent manages to Block off all surrounding squares. Take Sidestep.

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

CoolIRL wrote:
Usually break tackle is the first skill I take with BCs... was +Agil your first roll?
Yes. And then doubles for dodge.

I usually take block before BT, as I want to give the BC at least some chance to roll +AG.

I have to say having a +ag BC completely changes Chaos Dwarf game play. I had an ag5 hob at one point as my ball carrier...but I had to protect him constantly as he was so fragile and without dodge easy to knock down. I can be very aggressive against most opponents now with my ball carrier, and with an effective movement of 9 he can get all over.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

This Bull is worthless and needs to be retired immediately to help minimize TV bloat.

:smoking:

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Swilehelm, in your opinion, how many blocks/blitzes does your Bull receive in a game (in average)?

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

MKL wrote:Swilehelm, in your opinion, how many blocks/blitzes does your Bull receive in a game (in average)?
Very few.

I play him on both sides of the ball. On offense he is generally protected fairly well as I cage/screen down the field. Last match my opponent (Khemri) never blocked him on offense. He had some chances to take a -2D with a Throw ra without tackle but focused elsewhere. The match before that my opponent (DE) had one shot, and in trying to bring over two assists (I only had a sideline screen, not a cage) he failed one of his dodges.

On defense I use the BC as a safety mostly so as the play unwinds my opponent will generally have a shot at him if he wants it - but between my minotaur and my ClPoMB dwarf this BC is not a serious blitz target of choice.

So...he takes perhaps 1-2 blocks against a game? Then again I've done very well so far this season and I've been in the driver's seat in most of my games - partly luck, partly strategy. You can't control the former and for the latter I'm sure I'll see adjustments (I'm 6 games into a 10 game season where you play each opponent in your division twice).

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

He's clearly a ball carrier, so Sidestep is better than Stand firm. That would probably be my choice.
Ignoring the doubles, I'm a proponent of Fend though I know I'm in a minority. I'd also be tempted by Juggernaut, because it's situationally amazing and this guy could really use it well. It may seem superfluous on a guy with Block, but if you find yourself facing a skilled up guy (Blodgestep for example) you REALLY need out of the way to break through for the score you'll be really glad...or even more so, if he goes after the sort of ball carrier with Sidestep who hugs the sideline thinking he's safe....
Nerves of Steel could be useful on occasion, but that's really marginal.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

For nyself, a bull is always playing on the field.

Tackle or Mighty Blow

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Thadrin wrote:He's clearly a ball carrier, so Sidestep is better than Stand firm. That would probably be my choice.
Ignoring the doubles, I'm a proponent of Fend though I know I'm in a minority. I'd also be tempted by Juggernaut, because it's situationally amazing and this guy could really use it well. It may seem superfluous on a guy with Block, but if you find yourself facing a skilled up guy (Blodgestep for example) you REALLY need out of the way to break through for the score you'll be really glad...or even more so, if he goes after the sort of ball carrier with Sidestep who hugs the sideline thinking he's safe....
Just so there's no confusion: Juggernaught doesn't cancel Sidestep. If Blodgesteppers are an issue, better take Tackle and remover the problem ... permanently! :lol: