Bull Centaur Doubles

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Re: Bull Centaur Doubles

Post by Thadrin »

You're right. Was getting mixed up with grab. It's still useful in this situation.

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

I would generally want to pair Jugs with Frenzy...the better to push players out.

As this guy is my ball carrier, I wouldn't want to take it on him I think. My mino has both and I might take frenzy as the next skill up on my other bull.

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

If you use him as a safety on defence then I think I'd consider frenzy - pretty much as good as tackle against dodge players (on the blocks anyway) and much better against non-dodgers. I have also found that frenzy can also help on ball carriers when in traffic and you need to break out for the score, by blocking twice and following up you can potentially not do awkward dodges.

Tackle is good, but you'll have a lot already. Mighty Blow could also be a good option if he does much blocking/blitzing on defence.

Even with an AG3 bull, I'm not sure I'd use him as the sole ball carrier (I prefer hobs in general as I don't run a Mino and miss the extra ST). I would against weaker teams I think, but not against other bashers.

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

It is interesting that even though my team should be inflicting a lot of injuries my team has been under performing in that regard (87 armor breaks, 16 CAS). I've instead been winning games in large measure because of the effectiveness of that BC ball carrier (6-0-0 so far!) - my opponents just can't easily bring him down and he moves quickly compared to the rest of the team.

I really don't like Frenzy on the ball carrier. I ran a necro team for 7 seasons so there certainly are times it comes in handy, but more often then not it gets the ball carrier in trouble.

CoolIRL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoolIRL »

swilhelm73 wrote:
CoolIRL wrote:
Usually break tackle is the first skill I take with BCs... was +Agil your first roll?
Yes. And then doubles for dodge.

I usually take block before BT, as I want to give the BC at least some chance to roll +AG.

I have to say having a +ag BC completely changes Chaos Dwarf game play. I had an ag5 hob at one point as my ball carrier...but I had to protect him constantly as he was so fragile and without dodge easy to knock down. I can be very aggressive against most opponents now with my ball carrier, and with an effective movement of 9 he can get all over.
That's pretty amazing.

Interesting decision for taking Block before BT. I'll have to think about it.

Yeah, I can only dream of the things an agile BC can do.

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

When/if to take tackle on the BCs is an interesting question.

Obviously you've got 6 players that start with the skill...but they are slow and easily tied up.

BCs being natural blitzers make sense to have tackle, but with SO many other skills. And in this case I might just take frenzy instead and call it a day.

So looking at my non-ag boosted BC, I might go:

Block, Dodge, BT (his current skills), SF, Frenzy, MB

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

I took SS on this player and it possibly won me my last game.

I my turn 7 I had to do a naked bootleg with the BC to get in scoring position. With some dodges/GFIs my opponent got a 2D block (push) on him that would have pushed him up against the sideline necessitating two dodges (1/2+2/3 with a reroll). Instead I choose to move to a different square and the only had to do one dodge to an open square which was an 8/9 chance.

In the second half he was able to pick up the ball next to the sideline, and this time I didn't have to worry about him being pushed out...

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

'cos SS is the mutt's nuts.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

SS has really served my ball carrying BC well...but now the other one skilled up and...doubles.

So Block, Dodge, BT and ... ?

SS looks nice...and it would make the sidelines a real pain for my opponents with both BCs sporting it...

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

swilhelm73 wrote:SS has really served my ball carrying BC well...but now the other one skilled up and...doubles.

So Block, Dodge, BT and ... ?

SS looks nice...and it would make the sidelines a real pain for my opponents with both BCs sporting it...
ss then frenzy?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

To clarify, I now have this for the BCs

BC: +AG, Block, Dodge, SH, SS
BC: Block, Dodge, BT, [3+3]

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

swil - for the 3,3 I think the choice is between S-Step (to complement the other Bull) and Tackle (because he is your ball-hunter). I think I might take S-Step to make the pair really annoying.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

I have one more regular season match against Undead where I have a chance at first seed in the playoffs (though I need someone else to lose who probably won't) Looking at the upcoming playoffs the other teams are likely to be:

DE
Orcs
Khemri
Lizards
Orcs
Underworld
CDw

So there aren't a lot of players with dodge ahead of me. If the playoffs started today my draw (presuming I advance) would be:

Me vs Orcs
Me vs Khemri/CDw
Me vs Underworld/Orcs/DE/Lizards

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

SS for sure.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

swilhelm73 wrote:I have one more regular season match against Undead where I have a chance at first seed in the playoffs (though I need someone else to lose who probably won't) Looking at the upcoming playoffs the other teams are likely to be:

DE
Orcs
Khemri
Lizards
Orcs
Underworld
CDw

So there aren't a lot of players with dodge ahead of me. If the playoffs started today my draw (presuming I advance) would be:

Me vs Orcs
Me vs Khemri/CDw
Me vs Underworld/Orcs/DE/Lizards
=> SideStep !